1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hazza, Nov 30, 2010.

1. hazza

Welcome to the 2010 What are you doing for Christmas thread!

Where you will be? Who are you celebrating with? What will you be eating? How will you celebrate this Christmas?

For me, I'll be in Brasil with my sister and the family of an exchange student we hosted a few years ago. I'm sure there will be a big dinner involved. It will be nice and warm and relaxed!

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oddly, I'm not sure yet.

My partner had planned to go home to visit his family, so I was going to spend mine here with mine. However, his mother is going in for surgery soon, and she'll be laid up over Christmas, so he was told not to bother coming home. So we've decided we might like to go on a mini-vacation (since he already asked for time off and all). We're still deciding where we might like to go...

Lex

3. Sicsemper79

Ill be here in Roanoke explaining to visiting family that I don't have a girlfriend because I don't want a girlfriend... followed by awkward silence while they try to come up with a way to respond... then we all go get another drink.

I know it sounds a little annoying, but its tradition, and its finally gotten a little bit fun. LOL

4. midwestblues

5. concklin

My family and I will be hosting as usual. It will include me, my parents, my brother, 2 first cousins, aunts & uncles, and my brother's girlfriend.

6. Blondie

Blondie Guest

My guess is not much my family is in Maine and I am stuck in Milwaukee the only fun I might have is a party on the 15th thats it I will Take the time to reflect on the year

7. RaRa

Maybe going to Vegas....again. Hopefully this time it won't be canceled though. :slight_smile:

8. DanielleBabyx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Christmas is going to be hard,because i really want to be with Katie but im at Grans. :/

9. Paradox

Probably nothing, same old same old, maybe I'll go to a bar maybe not or maybe I will travel up north but who knows how these things go.

10. RedKnight

At the beach with family and friends, woop, xmas is summer is god :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Lebowski45

Haha, I still can't imagine having Christmas dinner on a sunny beach - a total mind :***: :lol:

For me, it will be the same, my house with all the family, should be good. Christmas day is great. I just can't believe another year is almost over.........

12. maverick

Pajama day at the parents' house with my brother and his girlfriend. :thumbsup: We were super stressed by having to entertain for Christmas last year, so we opted out this year.

Next year we're going to be in New York City. (!)

13. Remk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spending christmas eve with my family and working Christmas day.

14. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

dinner with my family at my house. My grandma, aunts, uncles, brother, sisters, parents and 14 cousins.

15. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All I want for Christmas is to come out to my family,
    come out to my family,
    come out to my family.
    Gee, if I could only come out to my family
    then I could wish you Merry Christmas!!!!!

It seems so long since I could say:
    "Man, do I enjoy the mangina!"
    Gosh-o-Gee how happy I'd be,
    I could only get some!

All I want for Christmas is to come out to my family,
    come out to my family,
    come out to my family.
    Gee if I could only come out to my family
    then I could wish you Merry Christmas!!!!!

(This is much better if you know the: "All I want for Christmad is my two front teeth
    " song)

16. xequar

Mr. X and I will be visiting both of our families. While this wouldn't be that big of a deal, there's about eight hours of driving between them, as my family is two hours north of Detroit and his family is two hours south of Chicago. Last year, we left his family's place and drove straight through to my family's, through some particularly nasty weather, at that.

This year, Mr. X is proposing driving straight through again, but that ain't happening as long as I have any say at all about the matter. Last year, I wound up driving the last three hours of the almost 10 hours on the road because Mr. X had passed out in the passenger's chair. I was tired and cranky and had no one to even talk to, so I ain't doing that again this year.

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Florida.....so long as stupid school moves my exam (this trip's been booked for 8 months and is for a reunion). F**king school putting my last exam on the last possible day of the exam period. First time they've done this to me, and of course it's on the year I don't want them doing so. Couldn't they have done it LAST year's exam period when I wasn't going away?

18. Eleanor Rigby

This year my husband and I will spend Christmas at my parents place with my parents, grand-parents, brother and sister in law.
    It's probably going to be a very calm and traditionnal Christmas, but I like those.
    I'm planning on doing some cooking (especially as I need to balance my sister in law's cooking...) and craft and reading.
    And I hope to be able to do an early Christmas with several friends a few days before Christmas.

19. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    This Christmas - I'll be skyping myself back home. Otherwise, I'll be wandering around Copenhagen - probably trying my best to run away from the cold. Maybe I'll get around to internship applications! My real fun starts on the 28th when I'm going to Paris with a friend from home for New Years :grin:

20. xequar

Talk to your prof and see if there's any way to take the exam early. Depending upon how big the class is and stuff, a lot of people might be interested in moving the exam forward, and if enough of the class is cool with it, then the prof might want to move it forward and get the hell out of Dodge, too.