1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever wonder?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by QuietDude, Dec 1, 2010.

1. QuietDude

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, im new :lol:

I myself am an athiest but sometimes I catch myself thinking, what if there really is a God who hates me because im gay and is going to sentence me to an eternity in hell.

I kind of think that at least in hell, I would be with all the nice gay people and not the bible bashers in heaven.

Do you ever wonder?

2. midwestblues

3. Beertruck

I do occasionally, mostly because I was raised Catholic. It's nothing more than idle thoughts because I'm basically a deist now anyway.

4. Shevanel

I'm sorry, but I literally said "If this is a God thread..." when I saw the title of this, and then when I saw that it was, I was like

[​IMG]

So seriously, there is a thread on this in About God, with a nice discussion already going on.

But to add on. My own personal belief is that God wouldn't create a shit ton of people who can't help being what they are to hate them. So no.

#4 Shevanel, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  5. maverick

Not really, condemning Your own creation for being as You created it is just dumb. I wouldn't follow or believe in any god like that.

I'm Buddhist anyway, so I'm hellbound by Christian standards either way. Being queer is just the icing on my damnation cake. :dry:

6. QuietDude

Well sorry, but I did mention im new in fact I only joined yesteday so I haven't seen every thread.

My deepest apologies.

7. maverick

^ I noticed. Welcome to the boards. :icon_wink

8. Shevanel

I understand that, but I'm just saying it's the most active thread in the anon forum right now xD Sorry for freaking out, but it just gets tiresome >_> The same thing happens with a few topics on here, besides this, like Blood donations, bisexuality (Thankfully hasn't happened in a long time though), and so on. The same shit just gets thrown around and it's ridiculous. xD

So really, it's no big deal, just do a tiny bit of research to see if there are at the very least any other threads exactly like the one you're about to post in that are active before posting your own :slight_smile:

So Yeah. Welcome to EC xD

9. QuietDude

I can see how it would get very irritating after a while, but I really didn't even notice the thead about God that you are talking about.

---------- Post added 1st Dec 2010 at 07:42 PM ----------

Hi Everyone :slight_smile:

I'm sorry as I didn't even notice there was another "god thread" in the anon chat, I can see how the same threads over and over can get irritating.

Cheers

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have three possible views on God:
    1. Doesn't exsist
    2. Does exsist but gave up.
    3. He is incredibly cruel

I often think I don't need some million year old father figure telling me how to do things. God has been used as an excuse for murder, mayhem, and hate. If he did exist I don't think he'd have a problem with gays; however, if Heaven is full of nothing but bigoted, self righteous people then you knwo what? I don't wanna go there, that is Hell to me.

:goodevil:

11. xequar

We'll forgive you. This time... :icon_wink

See my post over there. The short answer is no, I am firmly convinced that there is no god.

12. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Even if there is one, like Shevanel said, I doubt he'd make us gay then hate us. Unless he's a terrible drunk and he just made us while he's drunk, and he is too ashamed to admit his alcoholism. joke

13. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  14. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  15. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm deist, so I honestly never wonder about that. Though I do have lots of fun debating with people at my school that say otherwise :lol:

#17 Heyitsme, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  16. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I don't think you understand what Deism is.

Deism isn't a religion, it's a philosophy. And it's a philosophy that was created to use reason and observations of the natural world, without the need of organized religion, to prove that a supreme being created the universe.

So in other terms, you believe in a God, heaven/hell/reincarnation/etc, and more. You just prove it by reason (which is impossible, hence why Deism died) and observations of the natural world (which have all been based upon superstition, so again, reason why it died.)

17. MMAnick

I sometimes wonder how people think a god that would want you to love your enemy and get rid of all hate in your heart would also want you to hate, hurt, and wish the worse for someone who just wants to live a happy life.

18. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know. I believe in God, but not organized religion. So I don't believe that being gay will get you sent to hell (as the OP talked about)