1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need Help...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hoffmeister01, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Hoffmeister01

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok...so I've been wanting to lose some weight. And I really don't know how to approach it.
    I know I need to watch what I eat and exercise...it's just I need help on where to begin. I'm not exactly fat, however, I'm not skinny. I have a little bit of a gut but not really...so i want muscles...thats it! Haha...Could anyone help me?

If you could....email me

Personal email addy removed by Mod. Have interested individuals PM you.

I always have that email via BlackBerry. If you could help me it would mean the world.

#1 Hoffmeister01, Oct 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2007
  2. Louise

Ok food and exersice are a good start but you do need motivation. You need to find a point of motivation and a like minded person who will start a 'training program' with you. That way when you feel that you can't really be bothered today your partner will help you find a bit of will power and vice versa.

With a training partner you can set up a food and exersice program which will give you that bit of a boost not to slide back into old lazy and poor eating habits.

Best of luck :icon_bigg

3. Bryan

If it is hard, try a program like Weight watchers

4. livetolove

OOO DON'T DO WEIGHT WATCHERS, IT IS SO UNHEALTY. It works, if you follow it rigeriously, but you loose to much to quickly. The point values are skewed, you can eat anything you want, but one piece of pizza is like 40 points and you only get 25 for the day. My friend became anorexic off of it. It could work but just be careful.

5. livetolove

This is a great idea. My roomate and i did this and it helped so much well except when neither of us wanted to workout. but that was rare. But Good Luck

6. Jim1454

The hardest part about weight loss is that it really needs to happen over a fairly long period of time! And most people (including me!) don't usually have the perseverance to stick with it!!!!

Having a partner that is trying to do the same thing is motivating. Having a realistic goal in mind is also motivating.

I'm not an expert, but some things that I've done (with some success...) include:

• Weigh yourself every day. A daily reminder helps you stay focussed.
    • Cut out or limit your sugar and simple carb intake. They are processed quickly in the body and don't provide lasting levels of energy.
    • Eat regularly / often and smaller portions. Eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. If your body thinks it isn't going to get any food for a while, it gets into 'store' mode - putting it away as fat. If your body gets used to eating all the time, it decides it doesn't need to store away energy as fat.
    • Exercise. Elevate your heart rate for half an hour 3 or 4 times a week. Start slow and gradually build up endurance. Swimming is ideal. I took up jogging. Don't try to do too much too fast. That's when you injure yourself, or burn yourself out.
    • Set a weight loss goal and plot it. I use excel and graph my plan vs. my actual.
    That's what has worked for me. I've lost 15lbs this year. I'm aiming to lose another 15lbs, but something tells me that the second 15 will be harder than the first! Wish me luck!

7. Louise

Good luck Jim. This is really good advice you have given and yes you are right the next 15 lbs may be a bit harder but perserverance is the key. Easy to say, harder to have :dry:

Being in a steady loving relationship helps as it avoids the 'comfort eating' but good for you! Don't know where I heard it or if it's true but making love burns as much calories as a 3 mile walk... know what I'd rather do! :lol:

8. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

This is a really unhealthy way, but I lost a ton of weight by drinking a ton of Diet Coke daily. I would pretty much go a few days w/out eating anything and then on like the 3rd or 4th day I would eat like a can of green beans or a small salad w/out anything w/ fat like cheese or dressing. I wouldn't really reccomend doing it this way though....