1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Groups of Friends

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by davo-man, Oct 8, 2007.

1. davo-man

I was just wondering what your friends are like...Whether you're really good friends with just a couple of people, or have abig group of friends, where everyone's great friends with everyone...Also how these groups of friends start off

Ill start off:

Ive got one group of guy friends from school, all very straight, into footy, cars etc. Im out to most of them, and they're all pretty cool with it. This group has sort of evolved over the years. First it was Matt Andrew and Luke...Then Matt went to another group and Andrew became good friends with Manny and Ivan and Liam...Then Luke became good friends with them too, then Andrew got annoyed cos he felt Luke had betrayed him by stealing his friends

Then I did something to really piss Liam off, and that got the whole group pissed off at me. Slowly I becam friends with Manny, Ivan, Luke and Andrew....and began hanging aorund with them. The thing that I did to really piss Liam off hasnt been mentioned since...Then Matt came back...So now its a big group of guys

My other group is three friends, James Bec and Bob (Bobs a girl)...and Im much closer to them than the guys, like I can act however i want around them...I would honestly do so much for them its not funny...Anyhoo, this group came about, cos Bec used to date Matt, so I became friends with her through him, they split up, they became really good friends with me, I hung around the guys, they followed, Bob did something to piss Andrew off, which made the whole group pissed off at her, so they didnt sit with the guys anymore, so introduced them to James group (also Bec knew him through Art class) so those two became good friends, and are on the verge of becoming a couple...So now, us four have a great bond between each other and all is awesome!

Now I know most of you wouldnt have read all of that, cos honestly I probably would have skipped it too, but what I find interesting is the social path it took each of those people to be where they are today...If Bec hadnt gone out with Matt and that relationship hadnt ended so badly (he broke up with her through SMS while interstate) I wouldnt have become great friends with her and Bob...Similarly, if i hadnt pissed off Liam so badly, I wouldnt have wanted to become good friends with his friends to piss him off, and I wouldnt be part of that group today (bad way to start a friendship, but with most of them i was already friends with them)

So yeah, the basic question is, do you have big groups of friends, or a small number if realy REALLY close friends?

2. neverover

big group, but got seperated by the disastrous disaster. i frenz with scavenge (nickname), since 9th, and we r the main unit of the clique. i frenz with every1, as long as they r cool, and nice. my clique is very...selective. act like a bitch, then u gonna b expelled. i played the good guy role, tho. me, and scavenge r the class clowns, so ppl easily cum to us & join like *snaps* that. we r famous 4 being the most hillarious clique

3. Ty

Ty Guest

I have one group of friends and were the i guess you americans would say jocks? (popular people is the english term id use) but yeah, were basicly jerks getting laughter at other peoples expenses XD I know alot of people, shame i dont trust a single one of em

4. crimsonarcher

my group, if you see it in a clique-point-of-view..is diverse. there's one of everything, but i don't look at labels. in the overall group, I came out to them.

then there's buddies, which only a select few know.
    and then there's just aquiantances, who only at least 2-3 know.

5. xequar

I have several distinct and separate groups of friends, none of whom are favored more than the others.

There's the group I play RPGs with. They're the introverted type, into comic books and movies.

There's the group that I used to hang out at the arcade with. Trouble is, I don't hardly ever get to see them anymore.

There's that one group of friends. I don't really have a name for them, but they're fun and into some kinky stuff...

There's my group of friends from my hometown, and there's a group of friends from college.

The cool thing is that I love all of my friends for various reasons, and like I said, I don't favor one group over any other. They all know about me and they all still accept me for who I am. Honestly, anyone who is my friend is my friend for a reason, and although sometimes the groups do not necessarily interact with each other, they're all special to me.

Needless to say, I tend to think very highly of those whom I call a friend.

6. I have a big group of friends and we're what most would call the nerds, a bunch of smart kids. We aren't social outcasts though, we're really well liked by a lot of people.

7. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only have two friends in Uruguay, so that is my group. Cecilia (the "fag hag") and Juan, who is straight. End of story.

EDIT: After reading Derek's post - they aren't outcasts but I am to some extent. Especially now that I'm out.

8. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I have 2 friends which is basically my "group," I'm not too happy in my current group really cause well, sometimes they bug me. And they are sorta goody-goody which is sometimes annoying and boring x_x lol, but I'm stuck. I just started high school so maybe I can meet some new people... even though I'm really shy... but I'm not gonna be a loner so I'm stuck X_x I probably sound like a b*tch but oh well.

9. bvtsmj116, I don't think it sounds like you're bitching all all...

I've hung out with the same average-sized group of friends for, like, ever. They're definitely going to be the first people I come out to. We get along like nothing else; I love how everybody's so close to each other despite the fact that we're all really quirky and different. I guess that "weird" people have a tendency to attract one another or something. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Nerdtendo

lets see, I have the Fighting Freinds, who give me a hard time becuse of something rather silly but I get by it. I have the Theater Troop, which are basicly some students in Tech Theater I screw around with. Then there's Skittles, who's really cool. He sits next to me in chior. Of corse, there's the Internet, which is devided more-so within EC and RP. ...uhm...I think thats it. ...Oh, and the voices in my head too! ^.^

11. pirateninja

I have two "best friends" and we're sort of diverse in a way but not much. Basically to clique us, I'm a metalhead, my friend Emily is an emo and Laura is a skater. But we were grouped together as "the elves" after our Lord of the Rings phase, but the name stuck. These two people are my two favourite people in the world to hang out with and have a laugh, but we also have a larger group of friends who we stick with a school and get along with and that's pretty diverse, in music tastes and clothes etc.

12. Ciel

Ciel Guest

Hmmm, well me and my friends don't really fit into any specific thing...
    Most of my close friends are girls though and I don't really know very many guys all that well but I'm pretty good friends with some...

13. Vampyrecat

I don't really have a clique of friends...I don't really hang out with anybody in particular, I'm a mixture of a "floater" and a complete social outcast. But I like it that way. I can choose my own friends by how well they treat me.

14. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    my best friend is peter but at school have a couple of other friends also. i dont have many friends at school because i get teased a bit. i met another kid when i went surfing once and have seen him a few times at bondi also. he a good friend also.
    i also have 3 close friends on EC and others on EC that are friends also

15. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    my group of friends is pretty big i guess. i have like 3 well not kinda like 2 groups that i hang out with. first is all my friends from sports. i do soccer, cross country skiing and track so alot of people from there. then there are the others from other things. my main group is people we call "the usuals" though... its about 10 of us that go to each others houses and watch movies or go out on the weekend and do stuff and then we can invite whoever we want to expand it and stuff..

as for a clique... i would say i hang out with the preppy/jocks/popular. im deffinately not the most popular kid but im ok i guess... ? lol most of my friends i would consider really close and then others arent that close but yea

16. SpikySpice

I have a big group of friend, actually 2 gropus, one in lunch and one in gym:slight_smile:

The group in lunch has known me since my freshman year and we are still closed together, it's amazing that most of us still have the same lunch cuz we have 3 lunch times at school, I came out to them,, they are fine with it, except one of my bestfriend he said Im not supposed to be gay, and he taljed to me less, he seems so unhappy, but others are fine with me, they are still cool

The group in gym is awesome, they still talk to me after I came out, and soem guys say im still cool, and high five me and hug me and fool around and stuffs

And i know some other people who are not in a particular groups

Tho i knwo lots of people, but I still feel lonely sometimes, im not alone but lonely, sometiem si dont feel any connection with them, I dont have a best friend, well, maybe one, but i want one who i can share my emotional stuffs and stuffs, the girls seem helpful, but well, they dont understand me much

17. Tom

Tom Guest

basically i know every1 in my year, our year has always been pretty close knit anyways but ppl seem 2 like me because i am open and honest and they like tht, i can play sports or just sit there tlkin so i can fit in with any group. and there are distinct grouos of friends but they all kinda merge together to make bigger groups, divide up agen and then merge with other groups, its amazin and theres about 60 ppl in our year mwich tbh isnt tht big a number but still we all know eaother quite well, i know most of the b-days but there on the social lounge wall anyways and most ppl do give u a card atleast. out of school i have quite afew friends aswell, the older ppl at judo and then the juniors at archery, sum from when i did abiot of rock climbing and then canoeing for 2 weeks i made 2 gd friends, shame i cudnt stay longer asnd get to know more.

i cant tell you how thesem groups came to be how they are, they just did and only really change when ppl leave school. then if any1 is left alone they r just merged into aniother group and tht is tht, no major fall outs in the last 12 and a bit years amazinly, well not between the ppl tht r left anyways all the idiots tht were in the year we never got on well with and when they left we didnt care at all, just gave us more room to spread.

our year doesnt really get on wiuth the other years, but thts cus all the other years act like total :***: heads tbh and all the teachers keep sayin o y cudnt u be more like our year so they do resent us but we hate them seein as they have a go at us but then if they have a go at one group then they wud have to deal with all the ppl in our year so they just leave us alone, we r the top year in the school and because of tht we have the power of the prefects wich can hand out one day suspensions but tht has 2 be authorised by a teacher before, never seen one rejected so far yet.and before this year all the years above us liked us because we were easy to get along with us as long as u didnt have a go at us.

there is the group of 6 guys tht afew of u may recall, unfortunately weve been goin 2 diuf colleges for over a year now and drifted apart but i stil tlk to em on msn

woo mammoth post, i cud go on for ages still but i wont, lukily for u

#17 Tom, Oct 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2007
  18. Nodnarb

I have several really close friends, and I also know a lot of people(friends of friends and stuff like that). I don't really have one "best friend" tho. Most of my friends I've known since elementary school. For the most part, we're pretty close but we've been growing apart and getting new friends and forming new groups over the past few years. I guess thats just what happens when you get older.