1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out is Hard....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RainbowRose, Dec 7, 2010.

1. RainbowRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just came out to my best friend, and I'm not sure how she's reacted yet. I gave her a letter explaining that I'm bi, and gave very specific instructions to read it after school in a private place where she can react accordingly to it. I also told her to please email me after she read it, but she hasn't emailed back...so now I'm really worried that she's scared of me or something. I also told her that I didn't have a crush on her, so she shouldn't have to worry about that. But still, this is alternately the most nerve wracking thing yet elating thing that I've ever done. Nerve wracking because she might be homophobic or something, but elating because I am out of the dank dark closet. So wish me luck that she accepts and loves me for who I am :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck :thumbsup:

3. yourillusion

I hope you hear back at some point. When do you see her again? Keep us updated.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww good luck, im sure it will be ok, perhaps she has just been busy and hasnt read it yet. We will be thinking of you.

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Don't be too conerned about her not replying back immediately. Writing an e-mail after someone comes out is not exactly something people are used to doing, so it might take her a bit of time to formulate her thoughts and get them sent.

6. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

She probably just needs a little time to take it all in.

If it helps, I think guys are often more homophobic than girls. I could be wrong, but it just seems like more often than not, if you even look in the direct of a guy, your straight guy friends will "Dude what the fuck are you gay?". I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.