1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are BIG turn on's for you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RealityCheck, Dec 11, 2010.

1. RealityCheck

I thought I would leave the title a little vague to all posts ranging from specific traits, acts, to any other thing that you find irresistible in a partner.

I have a wide range of turn on's, but truthfully, since I haven't had a boyfriend yet, if a guy showed interest by walking up and giving me a swift kick to the nuts, it would probably work. Just to note, I'm not into that pain and torture stuff.

Here goes for the traits:

-Medium and short hair
    -passionate about something, i like people who are ALIVE
    -caring and compassionate almost to the point of becoming vulnerable (I like to protect and take care of people) > this plan doesn't always work out well since I'm not a very big fella :icon_redf
    -adventurous
    -romantic
    -bright blue or green eyes stop me in my tracks
    -perky butts-kinds weird since I consider myself a versatile bottom-but again, how the hell would I know.
    -I have a fascination with foreskin-penis is penis though :icon_bigg
    -I think most important to me is someone I can easily talk to and enjoy the conversations. They have to be funny and in more than just a sarcastic kind of way.

What's on your list?

2. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Spontanious people are a great turn on for me.Skinny and tanned is a big one.Short hair and a bubble butt is mesmerizing.

3. Goethe

for me it's all about the scruffy look. i LOVE stubble, beards and mustaches and hair on the chest is sexy. one can say that i just love hairy guys. lol

4. maverick

- Stubble/###### (in guys)
    - Athleticism
    - Androgyny
    - Spontaneity (to the point of childlike exuberance)
    - Intelligence (as a liberal Political Science minor, I like 'em well-informed and slightly jaded...)
    - Artists
    - Tattoos
    - Genderfucking/Cross-dressing
    - Grungy hippies
    - Musicians/singers
    - Dashing metrosexuals or briefcase-toting "tiger women"
    - Kindness to animals and plants
    - Writers (the kind that either scribble furiously in the coffeeshop corner or are rapping with the barista about Charles Bukowski)
    - People who are religious (I don't know, something about that really turns me out...I'm sure it's a perversion of my fire-and-brimstone upbringing, haha...)
    - Boys in George, girls in plaid

Thanks to a guy I knew in high school (who unfortunately died) as well as a super-hot mechanic at our local car shop, eyes like this are also a showstopper for me:

[​IMG]

5. British Lad

British Lad Guest

-longish hair
    -cute butt
    -Skinny jeans
    -emo (to die for)
    -slim guys
    -clear blue eyes
    -the wet look

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Unkempt Beauty type. A girl with messy hair who's dressed casually is way more attractive to me than someone who's perfectly put together.

7. Paradox

Intellect and the ability to make me laugh. Looks are mostly just added bonuses in my opinion. Guys who come in pretty wrapping tend to almost always (I'm sure there are some exceptions) be shallow or flawed in some way on the inside, I guess you can't have it all. :wink:

Oh and I have a weakness for braided hair. :dry:

8. maverick

This is my experience too. I don't care so much about the box, I'm more interested in what's inside. As far as I've seen, most of the really beautiful people I've met have serious personality flaws, usually as a direct result of their own beauty (extreme self esteem issues, eating disorders, narcissism, intellectual vapidity).

Just to clarify, I'm not generalizing about beautiful people, I'm basing this loose, easily swayed opinion on my own personal experiences with them.

9. GhostDog

- Being Florence Welch

Failing that... >.> Physically, I'm just a huge ol' horndog, sooo. Short of not liking the "fake boobs, fake tan, fake blonde" look, I don't really have a type. They're all so hot! :3

But here are some things that send my knees knocking when I'm talking to a girl.

- "Aww! I love dogs!"

- "Can you even really have a favorite Doctor? They're all the same guy, technically..."

- "Oh, I play guitar/bass/flute/whatever."

- "Favorite book? That's like asking to pick a favorite kitten."

- "People messing up they're/there/their makes me want to scream."

- "Want to see my tattoo? It's based off a Japanese woodblock print."

- "FOR THE HORDE."

10. maverick

I am so turned on right now. :love:

11. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

In terms of personality, this is what I look for:

-A geek/nerd-type will easily win me over. Even if he isn't nerdy about the kinds of things I'm nerdy about (math and video games), if he can explain his obsessions to me and let me/help me share in them, he'll have my heart.

-That said, if he likes video games, it will be a big plus, especially if we can play together. If he likes math, then my pants may as well already be off.

-Being intelligent myself, intelligence is also something I like in a mate, but not nearly as much as someone who can simply carry on a real conversation. It doesn't even need to be a conversation about intelligent topics; it just needs to be a real conversation. One where we talk with each other, rather than taking turns talking at each other; where we share ideas and debate; and where we discuss topics of mutual interest.

-Someone who is really philosophical can also win me over, even if we disagree in our philosophical beliefs, as long as he is open to philosophical discussion. Being philosophical myself, dating someone who is just as philosophical would be a dream-come-true.

-A sense of humor is good, but his type of humor is just as important. Dry, witty humor will win me over in a heartbeat, but sarcastic humor won't. I'll be the first to admit that I use occasionally sarcasm for humorous effect, but I myself have difficulty figuring out whether someone is being sarcastic or not (what with the Asperger's and all), so too much sarcastic humor can be a turn off.

-Someone who is really and truly themselves and doesn't put up any front of façade about who they are can easily win me over. Hell, there's a guy who lives on my floor who is like that who doesn't fit any of the usual categories of guys I find physically attractive, yet I find him quite cute, probably for that very reason.

-I actually like guys who are socially awkward and might not exactly exude confidence. I feel the urge to protect and comfort guys like that when I see them, as if my paternal instincts had a malfunction in development that made me want to protect nerds rather than children. That said, I can also like someone who is self-confident in such a way that they actually make me more self-confident just by being around them. In other words, they build me up rather than putting me down. I've known a few straight guys like this, and I loved hanging out with them.

That may seem like a lot of criteria, but if a guy fits just one or two of them, I'd date him without a second thought.

Now for what I look for in terms of appearance. There are five things that can make me find a guy cute, handsome, or attractive.

-Pudge. Yep, I'm a chubby chaser. Though the other four things on this list can make me find a guy cute or handsome, I will not find a guy attractive unless he is fat; that's just the way my sexuality works. I much prefer apple shape to pear shape, and if the fat is centered around the waste and/or face, all the better.

-Long hair. As long as it is well kept, almost any hair that is shoulder-length or longer will make me like a guy. Granted, curly hair and doesn't do as much for me as straight or wavy, and neither do dreadlocks, but aside from that, long hair is great in my book.

-Facial hair. Granted, there are some styles of facial hair that are a definite turn off, but with the exception of most stand-alone mustaches and ludicrously long beards, most facial hair will make me like a guy more, though full beards in particular will do wonders for me, especially if they are short enough to hug the face.

-Femininity. I'm not talking about flamboyance here; I'm talking about a guy having features that a girl would usually have (androgyny). It can be anything from his voice to his walk, from his facial features to his hair, but if dude looks like a lady, dude is mine. I've actually found women cute in the past because I thought they were a man for a second.

-Glasses. Not sure why; I just love guys with glasses.

12. Paradox

I whole heartedly agree with you, I suppose this is common all over the damn world whether you are from Alabama, Timbuktu or Tanzania. :thumbsup:
    I'm sure there are some rare exceptions though but I have yet to meet one.

These bits made me :slight_smile:
    I wish all guys were like this. :kiss:

13. MusicIsLife

Genderfucking. Someone who doesnt assign themselves to one gender.
    It'd be awesome to find someone else Vegan, but I'm not getting my hopes up any time soon.
    Musicians
    Writers
    Bookworms

As for looks, I have a thing for skinny/boyish girls, not so much the athletic type.

14. GhostDog

Oh man, I read Portia de Rossi's book, and holy crap. I was saddened by how much someone as beautiful as she is thought she was ugly and too fat. Like basically mentally torturing herself 24/7 for not being good enough, thin enough, or pretty enough. Sadface!

15. lostinthought9

Hm, there are probably dozens of things about a guy that turn me on, but the main stuff is:

-Cars. If he's into any type of motorsports (especially if he competes!), or just a general interest about vehicles and what not. I want a guy who will come watch a Sunday race with me. :slight_smile:
    -Sense of humor. I need to be able to laugh, and feel comfortable around him. (Although, I dunno if I want a complete goofball).
    -Intelligence. I can't deal with someone who's stupid. Sorry, I have enough people like that in my life already.

I guess overall, just a nice, down-to-Earth kind of guy who shares a few common interests. :slight_smile:

In terms of appearances, I'm honestly not really picky. I mean, we all love those guys with the big arms, and the wash-board abs, but it's not a requirement. :wink:
    Although, I usually fall for guys who have:
    -dark hair.
    -pretty eyes.
    -average build (like me).
    -facial stubble.

16. kettlkorn

Someone who goes to concerts with me

17. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I have quite a few lol.

-Dirty-blond or brown hair
    -Blue eyes
    -Good sense of humor (Huge one for me)
    -Not full of himself
    -Good, but not perfect
    -Nice ass
    -Honest/Sincere
    -Faithful
    -Non-Judgmental
    -Guy who loves music
    -Masculine but not too masculine (I like a DUDE but not a BRO lol)
    -Someone who will hold me
    -Someone who will make me feel safe and secure

There are more that I can't think of right now lol.

18. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't particularly like long hair on men. I also hate polo shirts, boat shoes, baseball caps, and pastel shorts. Stubble is okay, but I don't like full fledged beards or mustaches. I'd prefer him not to be as scrawny as I am but not overweight or unusually muscular. Beyond that, I'm unsure. I've been attracted to guys with all different facial features and hair, eye, and skin colors.

I like people who are intelligent and well informed, but not self-righteous or snobbish. I also like people who are more upbeat and passionate than I am. I've never met anyone who doesn't find spontaneity or humor attactive. Kindness in general is very important.

19. Harve

Curly hair plz :3

20. blankpaper

Androgyny <3 Oh geez. I like a girl who is confident and reasonable (AKA not completely full of them selves and able to listen other peoples ideas and such). A person who is not necessarily book-smart but very devoted to learning about something they are passionate about is also very very very attractive. A really important trait is independence. I cannot stand clingy-ness.
    As for appearance I generally like girls taller than me and bigger in size but not chubby but with the right personality I could care less what they looked like. Dark hair and light eyes is also UBER attractive.