1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's amazing how much tragedy can give you a new perspective

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tiny Catastrophe, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Tiny Catastrophe

Last week my best friend's older sister and unborn baby were killed in a car accident the day after her 23rd birthday. She had just gotten married in September also. It was a shock to everyone because we never expected anything like that to happen. I had flown down to where she lives to attend the funeral and support my best friend. It was a very hard funeral to attend and seeing someone I knew and spent time with lying in a coffin was hard to see, not to mention the baby was laying on top of her in a little blanket. Over 200 people attended the funeral. After seeing that and experiencing losing someone so suddenly I began to think about the things I would get upset over and complain about and I realized how meaningless those things were and that I need to live everyday like it's my last and that there are bigger issues. I guess I just needed to vent about that and try and make everyone realize that when they're stressing or getting upset over something so small, to step back and take a look at the big picture and realize that it can be worse and just to be grateful they're still here and can be with the people they love. Thanks for reading.

RIP Kristin and Mason 12/3/10 <33

2. TheRoof

wow that's so sad :frowning2:
    may they rest in peace.

on a separate note, you are totally right. sometimes i find myself caught up in some stupid small issues, and i realize that there are far more important things in life, and life is too short to be shortsighted. It's sometimes hard to truly appreciate our lives but I always try to be grateful about everything I have and not complain too much.
    NO DAY BUT TODAY!!!! -Rent-