1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An old crush

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Holmes, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Holmes

I was at school reunion drinks last night after six and a half years and a boy I had a serious crush on when I was 13 or 14 seemed interested in me. I had suspected back then that he could be gay, but at that age it's hard to find the context to ask, and had seen him since, but not that often. It was only blatantly clear to me yesterday given how friendly he was with me. Nothing will happen between us, because I'm in quite a steady relationship at the moment, but it will be nice to get to know him better again, he said we should meet up if I'm near where he's studying. A shame nothing happened between us ten years ago though.

Anyone else had similar experiences of occasions when you met someone you liked back years ago?

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, it didn't end in the same way like your story, but I must say I feel happy I got to meet my first crush again years after we both finished highschool.
    I crushed on him from when I was 13 to the day I left highschool and was quite heartbroken after it about never being able to see him again (as he was heading off to a totally different part of the country). And when I saw him again one year after that... it just ripped open that old wound all over again.

But then, three years ago, we met again, and much to my surprise, I found out two things:
    - He did remember perfectly who I was, and we ended up trading a couple of stories about the old times in highschool as if it all happend only months before. It was one of the most enjoyable random meetings ever.
    - While I felt a tad odd initially... I found out my old feelings had mostly disappeared. He was just this guy I happened to fancy years ago.

Which was a massive load off my chest, and also a nice bit of closure to that whole part of highschool...

Incidentally, I did found out that there were lots of gay guys in highschool. We just all happened to be really closeted at the time. It would have been better had we known at the time, instead of all angsting about being the only one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: