1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facial hair

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Enaithor, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Enaithor

Is there any way I can somehow make my facial hair like...more?
    It's really slow to grow and kind of soft as well, it feels almost like the hair on top of my head
    Which is clearly not what it's meant to be like
    I'd like to be able to grow a substantial amount, because stubble is hot and to be honest I'm not too fussed about having to shave, it's not really as much of a palava as people make it out to be

And when I do get some growing after a couple of weeks it tends to be quite patchy too :/
    I haven't managed to grow enough to be able to tell if it's blonde or not, but I am naturally blonde so I could have any coloured facial hair...

Any tips? :grin:

2. Beachboi92

duuuuuuddee same exact situation with me. My little brother grows more facial hair faster than i do and all i want is to grow some stubble.....

3. Beertruck

There is no way to get your facial hair to grown in fuller besides getting older. You're only 17! Give it a couple of years.

4. Daniel

It's hormonal.

When I was 17 I could get away without shaving for three or four days. Now I can barely get through a day without the beginnings of a beard. I have less 5 o'clock shadow and more 2 o'clock.

5. Miyaga

^ so true, the exact same thing happens to me lol.

is you shave often even with your stubble, it will tell your hair to grow, like geting your hair trimmed makes it grow faster.

6. TheWanderer

^^ previous 2 comments say it all.

I need to shave everyday, unless Im lazy and dont plan on growing out. Its become a major pain.

but like what was stated unless you shave often or wait until your older there really isnt much that can be done.

7. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah, nothing you can do that I'm aware of. Blond guys tend to have less facial hair. My facial hair is a mix of blond, brown, and even some red hairs. It has filled in over the years, but still isn't very full below my sideburns and on the sides of my face. Moustache area and chin are quite full. I use a beard trimmer w/o the guard and trim my face/neck each day so it leaves a short stubble. Real shaving tends to give me more ingrown hairs which I really hate.

8. Miyaga

Ohhhhhhhh multi colored.

9. Ridiculous

There is no way to make your hair grow faster or slower without any sort of hormone treatment or some sort of surgery. Shaving or cutting hair doesn't make it grow faster, there are no nerves or any sort of sensor in the hair to determine its length, so your body has no idea how long it is or when it is cut. Shaving will make the ends blunt and the short regrowth will be more rigid just because it is short, but it won't make it grow any faster or thicker.

I would however gladly trade you my facial-hair growing skills, cos I'd rather not have to bother with shaving :icon_mad:.

10. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

That is an old myth that has been proven to false multiple times. Your hair is made of dead cells, your body has no way of knowing when it is cut. It may appear thicker once you cut it, but that's because the base of the hair is thicker than the tip, which you cut off. But cutting it does not make it grow faster. Growing older makes it grow faster.

11. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Kinda off topic, but related to the length of hair growth. It seems like eyelashes and other body hair get to a certain length and then stop. When I trim body hair it does seem to grow back to more or less the same length, as if it knows when to stop. Is the explanation that they fall out at roughly a certain length and they just grow until they fall out?

12. lostinthought9

I think most guys go through this when they start growing facial hair. It grows in patches sometimes, but it'll eventually even out. Not sure what to tell you about the color though. I know it may be a myth to some, but I've always "heard" that frequent shaving will cause hair to grow back faster and fuller. Clearly, some people disagree :slight_smile:p), but it's up to you what you want to believe.

I agree with you that stubble looks good on a guy, but it's a major pain for someone like me whose hair grows too fast. =/

13. RaRa

My hair grows at a decent rate....but some parts are much more "full" than others, its annoying. Also you dont really need to worry about looking odd with differing facial hair colors...my eyebrows and moustache are dirty blonde but everything else is black. I try and make it work. :lol:

14. Ridiculous

Hair has several phases of growth. The first phase is growth, where it will just keep growing until a certain period of time has elapsed. Different periods for different parts of the body result in different lengths. For example, scalp hair will be in the growth stage for several years while eyebrows only for a few months. This means eyebrows will always be much shorter because they have less time to grow compared to scalp.

The next phase is where the follicle will clamp down and releases the hair, but it still remains in the skin.

The next phase has the released hair just sit there while the follicle does nothing. The hair length does not change during this period. This lasts for a few months (again depending on where the hair is on the body), after which the hair is shed and it starts from the first phase again.

The first phase where the growth occurs dictates the maximum length that the hair in that position can grow to. All hair mostly grows at the same rate (0.5mm a day or something) however the amount of time that they are actually allowed to grow for determines how long they get.

15. Enaithor

Ah thanks for the replies everyone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Well I suppose I should just wait, my family are very hairy and I'm biologically more like 14 or 15 than 17, I started puberty really late...
    I still don't really get my it's so smooth though facial hair is really not meant to feel like that is it hah

Also, for when I actually get hair there, how on earth do people shave like, their necks!?
    It looks tricky and I swear my Adam's apple gets in the way so much...

16. ok455

I hate facial hair its annoying

17. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is funny, my facial hair grows fast and hard, and I've always hated it. Ah, the grass is always green I guess

18. starfish

Up until I was about 22, I only had to shave once a week.

I wish I could go back to that. I really dislike shaving.

19. Enaithor

I actually quite like shaving because it makes me feel manly for once in my life lol

20. starfish

It had that effect on me at that age also. It wears off in a couple of years. So enjoy it.