1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay TV Series?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fintan, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Fintan

Ok so I just finished watching all five seasons of Queer as Folk.... and I am absolutely crushed that its over. Rather than watching them ALL OVER AGAIN.... is there anything else out there like it? Suggestions?

2. donnie5

you could always watch the british version of queer as folk... the one they based the american show off of

3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I felt the same way about QAF when I finished the last DVD. And the new guy at the end was really cute. Good actor too. I really felt how nervous he was and his trepidation looking from across the street. They should make a series with him and other new guys coming into the bar.

Sorry, I don't have any TV series suggestions.

How's the British version for those who've watched it?

4. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

It's only 8 episodes (give or take) so you can get through it pretty quickly. I think it's a little more edgy than the American version.

5. Paradox

Noah's Arc. . .I think it got cancelled after the second season, I'm not really sure but it did have it's perks, check it out. :thumbsup:

6. Allecto

There was a gay couple in Mission Hill. Sadly, it didn't last long, but you can still torrent it or get the DVDs.

7. Riaan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I also finish watching it recently and I feel exactly the same way. I would also like some suggestions. I'm back to watching Anime.

8. EM68

The Lair is pretty good. Its on here network. It has vampires, gorgons and ghosts...Its pretty light hearted. My bf and I watched all 3 seasons. Its good if you don't want to watch something too serious.

9. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find it odd no one has mentioned Will and Grace yet. That and Queer as Folk are what I owe much of my early knowledge of LGBT culture too. Granted, television isn't known for portraying things 100% accurately all of the time, but we're not talking about that.

I'm currently writing my own gay TV series, just for everyone's information - as well as some shameless plugging. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. partietraumatic

Not a gay programme, but the gay character i can relate the most to was in a show called Greek, which i think has been cancelled, sadly.

The character was gay, but also a member of a fraternity and a brilliant sportsman. He wasn't atall camp. Personally i found it made a change from most of the gay charaters on tv who either seem to be a stereotype, or have huge problems with being gay. This character was neither, and as a result i could relate to him much more than any other gay charater ive seen.

11. midwestblues

Whatever you do, do not watch Dante's Cove.

12. Nomad187

Oh I loved that show! and yea I know exactly who you are talking about he was one of very few people on tv who was both masculine and okay with his orientation.

13. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

I entered the realm of Youtube...=) There are a ton of nice gay storylines in there... 0 Real time tv, bt the storylines are based on TV shows from around the world... I'm watching Teddys storyline from 9012(or something like that).

14. Paper Heart

I knew someone would mention that sooner or later!

15. midwestblues

The show itself, or the fact that it's a steaming pile of goat excrement that serves only as masturbatory material for teens that don't have Internet access but do have access to a Barnes & Noble?

16. Brandford

Degrassi: The Next Generation, does have/had gay characters in it, thats probably the only reason I watched the show.

17. Allecto

How could I have forgotten about Buffy? One of the main characters comes out as a lesbian in the fourth season, and her lesbianism and relationships play a huge role from season 4 onward.

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best show ever: Rick & Steve, the Happiest Gay Couple in All the World :grin:

19. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I watched the first couple episodes. Well, not for the plot. But I did watch them. :roflmao:

20. brighteyes52

brighteyes52 Guest

There is always "The L Word", though it's centered around lesbians. I loved it just as much as QAF.. I deff. recommend it.

I don't know about many completely gay-centered shows, but, "United States of Tara" & "Six Feet Under" both have gay men as leads and storylines centered around them.