1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female sexual fluidity

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dan82, Jan 5, 2011.

?

Has your sexuality change over time?

1. I’m a female and my sexuality has changed over time

20 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. I’m a female and my sexuality has not changed over time

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  1. Dan82

Since I start one on male sexual fluidity I’ll start one on female sexual fluidity as well.

2. GhostDog

I'm... fairly sure mine has? I'm not sure though.

I know at 16, I had more male crushes than I do now. ('Course, all I have now is pretty much the desire to paw at David Tennant and Brian Viglione, but still, it is a very strong urge. =P) And I still hadn't noticed that I had the tendency to follow certain girls around like a puppy, or figured out why I got super jittery around some girls. (I kinda chalked it up to jealousy at the time, though "wait, do I like girls?!" was something that occurred to me on occasion.) Still, there were definitely dudes I found, uh, pretty. Brian Molko in makeup was my desktop for, like, ever in high school. Still, I think I liked... maybe three actual boys I went to school with in high school.

Though this was the same period of time where I had a crush on a boy until he asked me out, and I then spent the next month avoiding him and shuddering when he touched me. I also had zero desire to sleep with him, even though my libido was through the roof. So, who knows?

Once I sussed out the actual reason I tended to avert my eyes and get really nervous when faced with an attractive girl (either in real life or in media), I turned into a hornball pretty fast, haha.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find it quite difficult to make a decision on this one.
    I like GhostDog would say I have less male crushes now, so I thought yes I think its changed, but then I wondered if I really had proper full blown boy crushes anyway, or whether I mistook slight attraction for a crush because before I realised I was gay I thought that was just how everybody felt and that that was a crush. Almost like I was forcing myself to have a crush because that was the right and proper thing for a girl to do.
    I think I remain undecided.

4. Chandra

As others have said, it's hard for me to be sure if my sexuality has changed, or if I've just become more aware and/or accepting of all of its facets over time. I can be attracted to members of either sex, but I certainly had more attractions to men in the past (and in my case these were definitely genuine attractions, and I was quite capable of having relatively satisfying sexual relationships with men), while I feel much more attracted to women now.

My girlfriend, for her part, swears that she never had any attractions, inclinations, suppressed crushes, etc. for women at all, until about 2 - 3 years ago when she was pursued romantically by a woman and decided to give it a try.

#4 Chandra, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  5. Dan82

i'm going to bump this thread since the topic has come up recently and there a new members who haven't voted in this poll.

6. GayJay

I don't really think my sexuality has changed, i just became aware of what is was really...

7. phylene

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think about it from time to time, I think I'm a little rare in that I enjoy penetration, but then I look at most men's bodies and I'm really turned off. They have to be really cut for me to appreciate their bodies. I guess I'm a looks snob in that repect. Trannies do nothing for me... so its a strap on or nothing.