1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zaurak, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Zaurak

So, some back info, I met this guy named Max a week into college and I REALLY liked him, we barely talked but then he blew me off for this other guy who he broke up with soon later (whole other story that no one knows what really happened). A few weeks later, I met this guy named Reid, who is really cute, also, he holds the same political view as me and thats a good thing because I'm a political major. We've been hanging out, but we havent hooked up yet or anything yet, but we have been hanging out A LOT lately, he took me to IHOP and then to the Olive Garden and its nice, but hes someone whos REALY REALLY straight acting, and its not that I mind, but it makes it a little akward for me because hes not usually the type of guy I go for, but I like him and he likes me, but he doesn't seem to be able to show it unless hes drunk. He didn't come out untill his sophmore year in college and I don't know if he cant or not but showing affection seems more comfortable to him when drunk. But today, I ran into Max, I have only talked to him like 3 times and we ended up talking for like an hour and I think that he likes me too, but it turns out that he is also REALLY attracted to Reid, but I think that he likes me too because of the way he was acting, but he was drunk, and he knows that me and Reid are kind-of dating, and he asked me if i was drunk and I told him that I had sobered up by now and he backed off.

Now I don't know what to do. I'm so attracted to Max, both emotionally and phisically, and I am as well atracted to Reid, but to a slightly lesser degree, but I have spent so much time with him and getting to know him and I just don't know what to do, and no one seems to know either. Help...:bang:

2. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow... that's a lot more complicated than I thought when I read the first few lines!

That's also kinda cool that for once someone is LESS attractive (or at least less of a good match) because they're straight-acting because so often people have this thing against guys who aren't butch.

If Max hadn't blown you off for someone else already, then I would personally have no problem saying "vote Max" because being with someone who can't seem to express themselves is a pain. But on top of already blowing you off (and not in the good way) for someone else, it sounds like (to me, at least) that Max is using the fact that he knows you are super-into him to get to Reid, who you have prior dibs on. So you have a guy who not only chose someone else over you but who also had the extremely poor manners (and drunk or sober, it's extremely poor manners either way) to attempt to use your feelings for him to screw you over AGAIN.

On the other hand, we have Reid, who despite not being the most expressive guy, has taken you on dates and has not, from what you've said, attempted to betray you in any way possible.

I know crystal-clear who I would pick. Plus I came out AFTER my sophmore year and I turned out okay. *grin* It seems quite likely that Reid's comfort with public displays of affection or just plain displays of affection could improve, whereas people like Max--well, I've never seen one change their spots yet.

Maybe just explain to Reid you like him enough that he doesn't need to be drunk to reciprocate. Or offer to teach him to be more cuddly sober. That could actually be a lot of fun.

Reid sounds like he likes you but just has to work through some things. Max sounds like if he likes you, it's just because it gets him closer to what he wants. That kind of "like" is shitty.

3. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

Reminds me of a soap opera! hehe Good luck w/ your decision!

4. ampthejazz

I vote Reid for all of the same reasons as Joey.

5. SpikySpice

Well, if both guys like you, then you can have more opportunity to choose

Choose the one that you like better, but has better personality, looks is not the most important thing

You need to choose the one who makes you feel bettr, who makes you feel happier, tlking more to someone dosnet mean that they liek each other more than when they talk less, like i talk to guy A mor than guy B, but me and guy B liek each other more than me and guy A