1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Congress Member Shot

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Daniel, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Daniel

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congresswoman_shot

2. Shevanel

Crazy shit =/

3. RedState

Even though she was just starting her 3rd term, she was one of the rare people that really established an excellent reputation very quickly on Capitol Hill. It just said on the news that she was responsive after surgery..which I think is nothing less than a miracle.

That poor 9 year old girl.

The whole thing just tragic.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

It really is tragic.

The person that did it had to be mental. I got curious and checked his youtube channel (at least what people are saying is his channel). Really disturbing stuff. His information is written in past tense, too.

5. Geoff

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You change politicians minds with your vote and lobbying, not bullets in their heads.

6. lostinthought9

I've been reading about this since earlier today. It's a miracle Congresswoman Giffords is even alive. Hopefully, she'll make a full recovery. My prayers go out to her and the families of the lives that were lost.

Any news on the motives this guy had for doing this?

7. Just Adam

I saw this on news this morning, I too hopes she makes a good recovery, testament to modern medicine where you can be shot in the head, be treated and doctors to be hopeful.

8. steel03

Just awful... I hope this serves as a wakeup call for all the Americans too distracted by party politics to see that our country is in dire straits and all we can concentrate on is getting the last word.

9. maverick

I really do think the oppressive and frankly scary nature of our current American government (really, the American government every year following 9/11) is bringing the crazy tribe out of the woodwork. And before you say, "Mav, we don't live under a scary government, you're being hyperbolic!" just think about it a few minutes.

Abu Ghraib (not a singular incident, just the only one that's been leaked). Rendition. Wiretaps. "Communication management units". The Patriot Act. Prison camps. TSA. Predator and recon drones. The Echelon Project. CCTV. The Wiki tapes.

Now tell me how all this wouldn't make someone who is already dangerously paranoid even more dangerously paranoid?

He's crazier than a shithouse rat, judging by his Youtube channel. Totally off his orbit. But if he could tell you his motive, it would probably be that we live in a dystopian society under a tyrannical leviathan of a federal govenment whose machinations we are individually powerless to stop. At least that's how I interpret his videos, which frankly creeped me the fuck out.

It's kind of like V For Vendetta, if V was hopelessly insane.

#9 maverick, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  10. partietraumatic

I'm glad a live in a country where thankfully this sort of event is far, far rarer.

11. Fintan

12. Dan82