1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contest Entries

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Paul_UK, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

2. Seth

Board Member Full Member

The contest is officially on...

Please submit your entires. Every site that includes a link back to us will count as one entry. So one Empty Closet's user could get 20 links back to us and that will count as 20 entries into the contest. The contest will run until April 15, 2006. So you have plenty of time to butter up sites and get them to link to this needed and valuable community. But, don't wait because getting links up might take time since any site you contact will probably have to get permission and get their webmaster involved in actually doing it.

On April 15, the contest will close. On April 16, I will verify all the entries. Then I will randomly choose a winner from all the valid entries. I have decided to offer 3 prizes with a caveat. I will offer a 4GB iPod Nano (1,000 songs) and 2 1GB iPod Nanos (240 songs). The caveat is that we have to have at least 20 participants in our contest. If we don't have 20 users participate then I'll just award the one 4GB Nano. So encourage others to participate and the chances of winning one of the three prizes goes up!

I'll send an emptyclosets T-shirt to everyone who participates even if it is only 1 link. So everyone wins something and the site will definitly win if people really get involved in the contest. Thats really what I hope to accomplish with the contest.

So Paul_UK already has his entry in. Who's next?

Best,
    Seth

ps. if you would like some background on the contest and some tips on places to try click this link: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413

3. Lunar

Virginia USA, short vacation from my home planet!
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hope this site grows like the other!

4. Virgo

I linked the site on my myspace in my about me between my likes and dislikes

5. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Re: An idea for a contest... your thoughts?

I made a link to Empty Closets on my sitee...
    www.under-the-facade.piczo.com
    dunno if it counts...and if it doesn't no biggy...i'm doing this for gay teens in need...not an iPod...but if it does then it's not like i'm going to be an idiot an turn it down lol...anyway...searching for more possible places to post the link...and i know this doesn't count but i engraved it in every school desk and wall i can get my hands on...i got caught by a teach but anything for the aid of others:icon_razz

PS: I'll always be editing it to make it seem a little bit more decorative and such...becuase right now just the text seems a little to lazy and effortless

PPS: If you want me to change anything in the text for the link...just PM me...because i'm sure i made a mistake here or there...it's sappy but it seems like it's what the lost sheep want to hear...seeing how i was one of them up until recently...anyway lovelovelove...bye

#5 Proud1p4, Feb 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2006
  6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Re: An idea for a contest... your thoughts?

I just get a graphic which says "Why can't I breath whenever I think about you?" when viewing the site in FireFox. So I can't get to your link. :cry:

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

OK, since we haven't had many entries yet, here's some ideas for you:

1. Go through the sites listed in our Resources section and check their links/resources page. If they don't have a link to us, send them an email saying sosmething like: "I am a member of a great coming out discussion forum called Empty Closets at http://www.emptyclosets.com. I think this would be a good addition to your links/resources page. Would you consider adding it please? There is already a link to your site on the Empty Closets resources page."

2. Go through the sites linked from their links/resources page. If they don't have a link, send them a similar email but change the last sentance to something like: "If you wish I can ask the Empty Closets webmaster to add a return link on the resources page."

3. Search on Google and other search engines for gay coming out resources and support sites. Use the same sort of searcg method as you used to find Empty Closets. If they don't have a link, send them the same sort of email as above.

Obviously you need to check the sites are suitable before asking them to link. We only really want links on gay support sites and youth support sites.

You should be able to find a contact email address or form on most sites. If not, webmaster@... is a good one to try.

Most of the sites you would be contacting will probably reply in a day or two. Even if they say they will add it at their next update, post your success here. I dunno whether Seth will count it as an entry if the link is not actually there (probably not) but it shows it's on the way!

You can always post a list of the sites you have contacted here, whether or not they have replied. This shows you are actively trying to get us links, and gives some for Seth to check out at the end of the competition.

If you've got a spare hour or two, give it a go! You'll be helping Empty Closets and you may even win an iPod for your trouble!

8. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Yeah Paul sorry about that....my piczo site is currently down due to technical disfunctions (hehehe a.k.a the ****ing domain won't let me get into my page editor) sincerly sorry for your major waste of time going to my site:frown: ...i'll get it working eventually and like i said the entry doesn't matter to me....give it to someone who actually got a working link lol.

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I'm rather disappointed in the lack of entries here so far. Maybe you are all too busy to have the time for this? Or maybe some of you are working at it and just haven't posted your results yet? There's still another six weeks to go though, so plenty of time.

As a moderator, I feel my entry shouldn't quality for the prize (I don't want an iPod anyway) so if there is just one entry with a listing on an appropriate 3rd party website (not your own site) then that one person would win. Even iff a few people get entries in, the chances of winning the iPod here are much better than in just about any other contest!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

11. tired_of_lying411

maybe people are afraid of a t-shirt being sent to their house.....

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Seth will make contact with the winner and can sort out how to deliver the prize in a way that won't cause any problems. Maybe you could ask him to give the equivalent value as a donation to charity instead, or order something on Amazon for you? There's always a way around these problems, and Seth would appreciate that.

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Three days to go! Are we going to have a flurry of last-minute entries? :thumbsup:

14. lost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  15. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.