1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiders...ewww..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Davey, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Davey

So I totally have Arachnophobia and I swear the spiders around here know it!:dry:
    They are freaking everywhere down in my room (which is in the basement!):tears:

I was wondering if anyone knew of a natural way to get rid of them or something I could use that might already be just around the house. If you do please let me know and help me sleep better at night! haha:eusa_danc

2. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Hmm, I hate spiders too... mostly all bugs... but here we get like earwigs... YUCK, so much worse, in my opinion that spiders... xD but spiders bite... umm...... When I asked this on yahoo answers about earwigs, all everyone said was "Kill it/Squish them when you see them :dry: " lol, umm, I don't really think there is anything around the house, but I'm sure at a home and garden store or something like that they might have little traps or poison or something (I know its not a natural way though...)

3. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

I've heard that mothballs help,but have never tested that theory

4. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chestnuts keep them away as far as I know.

5. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    we get red back spiders here. im not scared really of them becuase they look small but i dont like the big hairy ones though!!!:eek: dad uses spraying stuff on them

6. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like spiders either. Thankfully, big ones are uncommon in Atlantida...

7. xxAngelOnFirexx

well me and my sis are both terrified. my sis has always been and me just in the past few years (due to almost drinking one in my soda). we have this bug spray stuff so if my mom doesn't kill them then we spray them. its like a foam. i used it to kill bee's, giant spiders, and other nasties that get in our house. so that works. i heard that wet paint attracks them. the main reason they are in our house is that they are coming in out of the cold. and if you see a little white sac that looks like cotton. detroy it and remove it. those are spider eggs. each can hold 100 or more baby spiders. those are the main target and they won't suddenly hatch when you squish them so they aren't as scary.

8. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Wel.. i used to just splat them wiv the closets thing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, but now i jus leave them, dont kill things as much any more ^_^

9. Jerr

Dog.... lol I have Labs... always have... We use to have those wolf spider things... the MASSIVE things... I see one I SCREAM... use to it was like a small school girl scream now it is dogs names and they kill it! lol Other then that... hair spray has a funny effect...

10. pirateninja

Freeze it with anti-persirant.

11. Davey

i wish i could have a dog. they do seem to help keep the spider population down lol.
    thanks all for your help i will deff use some those things and see if any of them work. If anyone else has anymore ways PLEASE still post them!
    i hate spiders!
    AND THE SODA THING SO NOT COOL!!! haha

12. panda

When I lived in Sydney,Aust.years ago we had cockroaches that were 2-3 inches long.My cat would catch them and I would hear this CRUNCH!!

13. SpikySpice

Spiders are fine to me,

14. SpikySpice

I dont know anything to keep them away because I barely see one here, but they are ok to me, and i liek Spidernam, when i say i like Spiders, one of my friends said i must like gusy with long legs XD

I just hate roaches, they are just gross ><:eek: :eek: :eek: too many in my house

15. I've heard this before. Not sure if it actually works, though...

My parents' house gets a ton of spiders, especially in the basement. I can see three right now, as a matter of fact. Personally, I like spiders. Sometimes I'll even pick them up and put them somewhere else. :icon_bigg

16. Louise

Take a look at this site, hope it helps, me I don't care even though I am convince a tiny spider crawled in my ear one night down my eustation tube (I woke up in the night with a tickling sensation) then I woke up later that night coughing with something in the back of my throat!!!

Sorry if I freaked some of you guys out!

http://www.getridofthings.com/getridofspiders.htm

17. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i dont like the flying cockroaches either. our cat plays with them to!!!:eek:

18. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

eww, flying cockroaches? :eek: God, that sound ssooo gross Dx Cockroaches sound wayy worse than spiders. I don't think we have any cockroaches here... thank the Lord :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I'm sure theres some gross bug here you guys don't have :frowning2:

19. stacydianna

Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate spiders. They are terrible.