1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to my first....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sakura, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Sakura

(not school-affiliated) drag show tonight! I'm pretty excited yet nervous. (!!) It's at a (regular) bar downtown that I've never been to before and I'm not totally sure what to expect. lol I've been to a drag show put on by my Lambda Alliance group at my school and another drag-type show put on by the women's music fraternity that I was in my sophomore year of college but both of those were pretty tame so I don't know what it's going to be like at all. >.< I know some people performing tonight though and some Lambda people from school are going so it should be ok. I'm pretty excited to see the performances. :grin: Any one else been part of/performed in/attended a drag show before, if so, how was it?

2. EWU2012

I attended two at my school in the last two years. They were pretty fun. Last years was actually really crazy. The MC of the night was a drag queen that won one of the RuPaul Drag Race seasons and was from Seattle. Her outfit was... lets say speechless. haha It was made of mostly chains and a few pieces of cloth. Her entire back was pretty much showing and turned into a thong.

From the experience just talked about I thought that when i went to the drag show at the gay bar that helped put on the one at my school it was going to be so out there and crazy and it was actually the total opposite. I was really surprised. They just did their normal perforamnces and nothing crazy.

It was actually funny because when we had the drag show it was also family weekend so there was a lot of parents and their young kids. They even warned that the parents might want to take the kids out. So from my experience they drag show at the bar I went to was not at all crazy and unexpected. Anyways I hope you have fun. :slight_smile:

3. Sakura

Ahaha..woow. That's awesome. :confused: Yeah I had a blast. The performances were about the same quality as the show my LA group put on. Though One performer did do a dance to Katy Perry's Firework and had sparklers come out of her boobs. :laugh: It was quite hilarious/amazing. But yeah...good times, good times. hehe :slight_smile: