1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun Time - Advantages of Gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mandarof, Jan 16, 2011.

1. mandarof

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went through a roller coaster of emotions in my coming out process, which lasted a few weeks. I basically told the primary family members and close friends, asking them to spread the word. I didn't have to go through endless sleepless nights and I was fortunate to have no negativity from anyone.

As I have only had brief encounters with guys since coming out, I am struggling to meet new people. I am, of course, working to resolve this fear. But in the meantime, I thought it would be cool to have some fun. Let's talk advantages of being gay! I went from being incredibly low to neutral to my whole life has been so great, why the hell should I not also get the benefit of being gay?! It really took a lot to realize this. I was even pushed to some of the positives by my dad and other people...they would casually mention how it could certainly and very easily include a lot more sex (HA). I have NOT experienced all the joys of this yet but I'm confident I'll get there, hopefully within a few weeks if I keep making the effort.

So here we go, my basic starter list! Everyone please feel free to add on ideas. Please keep them clean, concise, and avoid duplicates. I'd like to build a semi-comprehensive list (lol there are thousands of reasons) that I may end up sharing with people at some point.

1. Greater income.
    2. No regular risk of pregnancy.
    3. Can have children when desired.
    4. Double the wardrobe if same sized.
    5. Ability to actually have fewer shoes/clothes if well shared and agreed upon.
    6. No makeup messes and constant purchasing.
    7. Many guys love electronics, stereos, cars, etc. so that interest would blend well together!
    8. More similar sexual desires and interests.
    9. Easily make friends with both sexes without awkwardness of not making a move on a girl.
    10. More closely matched inherent behavior.
    11. Being a more unique, distinct individual.
    12. Direct exposure to difficult political issues.
    13. Marriage when ready rather than when society tells you to.
    14. "Theory of Mind" - gays are better able to understand what they know versus what other people know.
    15. The hotness of being who you really are and going after what you really desire.

Continue!!!

2. Shevanel

For the record, I think this is quite silly. Greater Income? Why? #2 is true I guess. #3 could be for anyone, #6 is extremely sexist? #7 Isn't exactly true anyway? Many heterosexual couples have extremely similar interests. #8 Que? #9 Que?! #11 I think is silly too. #12, many different people have direct exposure to difficult political issues. Not only gays. #13, anyone can get married whenever the hell the want, being gay is irrelevant. #14? What? Everyone understands what they "know" and #15 is a Que!? too.

I mean, if you didn't mean this to be a serious list, then you probably should've posted it in Fun And Games, and probably should've tried to make it a lot more gender/sexuality inclusive.

There are no advantages of being one individual over another.

3. mandarof

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't even think these up, they were all found on other lists. Fine, we can just end the conversation now. I think, comparing a life of opposite- vs same-sex partners would reveal a lot of differences. You are, in some ways, saying that men and women are the same. They are clearly significantly different and a life with a/b or a/a or b/b will, in aggregate, show different tendencies. Women, generally speaking, are more likely to wear makeup. Therapists are always talking about marriage difficulties where men want more sex and women less. There is less disparity.

I wasn't ready for this type of response, that's for sure! Take it for what it's worth. I'm enjoying it :slight_smile:

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well guys make more money than women. It's a sad fact. So two guys would likely make more. Also you do not have kids many times.

5. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Men know how to pleasure men, women know how to pleasure women. Nuff said.

6. KaraBulut

Actually, there's an old joke about why women should marry transvestite men- so that they can double their wardrobe.

7. mandarof

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm looking specifically at the "bad" or "sad" realities so yes, men do generally earn more.

8. midwestblues

9. mandarof

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Midwest blues? I'm from the Midwest and moved to soCal this past summer. Still love visiting back home!

Gross generalizations are fine! Do you think all the talk about toilet seats and fighting over the remote is unreasonable! People who look for these lists are looking for that kind of stuff!

10. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

There's nothing 'bad' about the list, it just doesn't make any sense. There just isn't really anything on that list that couldn't be applied to heterosexual people. I do get what you're saying for some of them though, heterosexual people have a lot of expectation on them (at least where I'm from) to get married by a certain age, have a career by a certain age and have kids by a certain age. With homosexual people, it's kind of new (it being out in the open that is) so there aren't really these traditions to conform too. The more time I spend in university though the more I realize that those so-called heterosexual 'traditions' are crap as well and everyone is individual.

11. Zontar

There are no bloody advantages.

12. Markio

I think we're not giving this list concept a chance. I think most of the items on the list aren't really advantages, except the part about how you won't accidentally make a baby. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Maybe instead of "advantages" there are "blessings" that come with being gay:

-I'm closer to my sister because I'm gay. I'm the closest thing to a sister she'll ever have ...besides a sister-in-law, but none of us are married yet so whatever.
    -Some people actually respect me because they recognize that being gay comes with adversity. Yay respect!
    -I'm not expected to be as manly as straight men, so if I want to cry or paint my nails, people don't think I'm weird, they just think I'm gay.

Stuff like that.

13. maverick

We're better at fashion and interior design.

Yeah, I said it.

14. alpha

Untrue maverick, I couldn't figure my way around a...umm..i wear sweat pants and a t-shirt. and normally briefs with the same color..i have no taste in fashion. and interior decoration? my aunt beats me at that three ways to Sunday..my walls have been the same faded blue, and my beds the same "freeking ugly" color of pink and white for the past..20 years.. since my mom bought me that bed..
    so tell me are all gays better at that? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

I'm definitely not :icon_wink

16. Beachboi92

I find this list entertaining on some notes and serious on others you gotta look at it without being to serious xD

But in actuality LGBT people are shown to be better educated and in higher positions within the working environment and in general they do make more money statistically xD

- I am a stronger person because i had to deal with all the negative things that came with being openly gay
    - I am a happier person who is more true to who i am because i had to learn to accept being gay
    - I can dance to Lady gaga (or any music) as fabulously as i want to and no one says anything xD
    - I get to be the person people come to about all their sexual confusions mwuahahaha
    - I can do things with women straight men could never get away with (full uncensored breast grabbing in public i think so)
    - Someone once said gay guys have bigger junk xD
    - People who meet me have their views on LGBT people changed for the positive and i educate those around me purely by being myself and speaking my mind

17. Qier

Perhaps my favourite part of being gay is the unrestricted access to the LGBT community that comes along in the package :wink: Cheesy? Perhaps. Now for the 'serious' list:

-The process of self-discovery we need to undertake in order to ascertain that we are, in fact, gay also means that we know ourselves better than most people.
    -Being a marginalized part of society in general, we get awesome complaining rights.
    -We gather great strength and courage from the tribulations of our marginalization.

However wonderful many of the lists up here are, I can't help but feel that the cons of gayness vastly outweigh the pros. I mean, how many millions of us have been ridiculed, abused and killed by society since its inception? How many times have we heard "that's so gay" or any other popular expression that ridicules us? Not to mention the fact that many among our ranks have been rejected by loved ones due to being true to themselves. *sigh* At least we have the Civil Rights Movement for inspiration, right, guys and gays?

18. maverick

[​IMG]

:grin:

Advantages of being gay:
    - Innate witticism
    - Supernatural affinity for musical theater
    - Once you're gay, people are jaded to your other vices and/or eccentricities
    - Appreciation for fine wines or high-end cuisine (or both)
    - You can have a "swishy" lap dog and no one will judge you for it
    - Queers are more eco-friendly (statistically)
    - Gay parents are proven by scientific study to be better parents (particularly lesbian couples)
    - It's an excuse not to get married if you don't want to
    - It was an excuse not to join the military if you didn't want to :icon_wink
    - You have a built-in ax to grind if you are driven to conduct a personal crusade for civil rights, human rights, and social justice
    - Because they grow up in the closet, gays end up as more emotionally intelligent than straights, and better able to judge people's reactions
    - Excuse not to have kids if you don't want them
    - Added ability to dedicate one's time and resources to one's chosen career
    - Here's an advantage for the lesbians - women in a heterosexual relationship only experience orgasm 54% of the time, while women in a lesbian relationship experience orgasm 98% of the time.

"Homosexuality is God's way of insuring that the truly gifted aren't burdened with children." - Sam Austin

19. mandarof

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since coming out personally (only a month ago) I have not experienced any kind of negativity. In fact, I have friends who have apologized to me on behalf of society for what I might have or will experience going forward. I guess I'm just lucky...or everyone is referring to the gay society as a whole and what "we" have dealt with. I am waiting for that real put down going forward to see how it affects me.

My entire family was so supportive through my coming out and no one said anything even remotely negative to me or, perhaps even, anyone! And I'm from a very religious, somewhat conservative family. Lots of love! Lovin' my new me too.

20. straal1972

definately these things