1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair Dye!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Keagan18, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Keagan18

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    so me and my friends dyed my hair for the first time yesterday!! i originally hoped that it would be dark blonde however... it turned out strawberry brown.. don't get me wrong i LOVE it cause it just looks so FREAKIN' awesome!!!! but... it wasn't what i asked for.... how can i get from really dark brown to dark blonde without being red.. (so i know for next time lol):grin::lol:

---------- Post added 20th Jan 2011 at 10:49 PM ----------

btw.. if you would like to see how it turned out just go to my profile and look at my photo album thing

2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

You should go to a salon or something if your going to change your hair colour more than a few shades from your original colour :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Trust me, cuse when you use those dyes that you can do at home, they don't always turn the colour you want (my mom dyes her hair all the time but shes never happy with the results).

3. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

If you are changing your hair colour 2 shades more or less than your natural hair it is best to go to a hair salon... Because going from one to the other colour, especially in blond it is required to tone itxD
    lol, btw, my current hair colour is electric dark/blue. I got this old lady today, asking. Can I touch it?!?!? lol She said it was so cool.

4. Flyers2011

Yeah I agree with everyone else. I went from light blonde to dark brown and I had a professional (my mommy lol) do it. The color stayed a lot longer and my hair is a lot healthier.

5. Aya McCabre

If you buy salon quality bleach it works fine at home. You'd be looking for something that comes as powder with stuff to mix it into with giant chemical warnings all over it. I used it to go from dark brown to blond. I'm sensitive to peroxide and had to rinse it out too soon because it was burning me, but I still managed bright yellow. From there you just need any bleach pack that you can get at a store. If I could've left it in longer it would've been done in one go.

I used asylum bleach (sold in goth shops) but I'm sure there are others around.

6. Dave

There's a few ways but to get the right hair colour like they do in Salons you really need to bleach to a light colour, and tone it (it's a type of purple goo you can get in a tube marked toner... takes out the yellow) then dye over it to get an exact colour, if your hair is a dark one.... I keep a tub of powder bleach in my bathroom cupboards all the time these days, because I change my colour on a whim...

7. Aya McCabre

Toner goes without saying.

8. Dave

yeah though a lot of people forget it, and end up turning out orange or lemon yellow lol