1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would you propose?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by maverick, Jan 24, 2011.

1. maverick

Okay, so this is kind of an offshoot of the "do you want to get married?" thread. How would you propose? Where would you do it? How do you feel about rings; if you want one, what kind? Or would you not want to propose, and would prefer to be proposed to? What are your expectations for post-married life?

I'm interested to see what people's different opinions are of what it is like to be married, and how they imagine starting the whole thing out.

Like I said in the other thread, I think it'd be cool to set up a proposal flash mob. Plus, with our current level of technology, it'd be pretty easy to organize a really epic one (like Tosh O. worthy) with a little networking and creativity. Impromptu music video say what?

2. Beertruck

Honestly, I would do it very low key. Probably do it somewhere that's important to (the eventual) two of us. Same with the wedding. Something memorable, to be sure! But low key.

I'm not a big fan of these gigantic gestures that comes with a wedding ceremony, personally. >_> When we overemphasize the importance of one day, we get bridezillas and couples who get divorced after a year and a half. Make it something nice and romantic and important to you. It isn't a Super Sweet 16.

3. Connor22

via dung beetle.

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For starters, I LOVE your idea Maverick. Who wouldn't say yes to a flashmob proposal?

I'd probably do it in some super cheesy way, like with breakfast in bed and roses. I think I'd just put the ring on him while he's sleeping and when he wakes up bring him breakfast and then we could just sit in bed all day together until he noticed - which would be followed by me asking him to marry me.

If the situations were reversed, like if he were proposing to me, I'd want it to be something different though. He has to be creative enough to not just steal my ideas. :lol:

5. maverick

[​IMG]

^ I love this style of wedding ring. :love:

6. Eleanor Rigby

My husband proposed to me in a very strange way. We were in a supermarket, in the middle of doing shopping and I don't even remember what we were talking about, when he suddenly stopped, looked at me and said "Would you marry me ?".
    It's been 10 year this year that it did happen :wink:

Here is a picture of my engagement ring (the one with the emerald) and of my wedding ring (the simple gold ring)

Attached Files:

7. maverick

That's beautiful! I love that your husband just threw that in there, lol...

8. ToTheCeilingFan

I would want to do something really weird and wacky...I LOVE the idea of a flashmob proposal. Maybe I'd set up a treasure hunt and have her follow clues to find the ring? Love this idea for a thread.

9. x2x2x2x2y2

I LOVE this!!! If a guy proposed to me, I'd want it to be something like this!! :slight_smile:

10. maverick

The only thing about a "public" proposal is that you better be damned sure whoever you're asking is going to say yes.

Otherwise...

[​IMG]

11. I love the treasure hunt idea! You could even make it things from your history together, like, "go to the place where we had our first date and find the next clue" etc.

12. Adam

I would not want a public proposal.
    I love nature and outdoors, so would want to do it somewhere beautiful like hike to the top of a mountain and do it.

13. lostinthought9

I'm not too keen on the flash mob idea. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I prefer something a bit more intimate and private.

Although, in a relationship, I'd emphasize that we were equal. No stereotypical "man and woman." So, I wouldn't want an engagement ring, unless he had one. He also better not get on one knee either, haha. I dunno, I want something simple and sweet. :slight_smile:

I'm not sure if that made sense or not. Lol.

I will say this, I want either silver or platinum male wedding rings. I seriously dislike gold jewelry. xD

14. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh my gosh :eek:, if that happened to me, eeeeeeek, that'll be the best thing ever and something I would totally not see coming (but now I kinda would, having read it XD). The only way I see it happening is a place that hypothetical hubby and I frequented, a lovely spot under a tree or overlooking a beautiful landscape. But I would just melt inside if the above happened :3

I don't think I'd have the guts to propose to a guy, though XD

15. Shevanel

I ain't givin up my secrets :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. roborama

im definitly that loser who would wait for her to propose

17. Idonteven

I'm a romantic at heart. If I were to propose I'd want to do it in a special place to the both of us, preferably not a public place in as romantic way as I could think up.

As for Rings... is it sad to want a Lord of the Rings ring?

18. ok455

I am such a chicken with that kind of stuff i would be scared to purpose i probably write it on a paper and tape it to the fridge and then leave for a few hours. And wait for him to call me

19. maverick

^ Hell no, I'd choose this over a wedding ring:

[​IMG]

20. Lotty

If I'd propose I think I would ask him or her on the beach somewhere around sunset. With a ring of course. A silver one, because I hate gold.

Last night I dreamt someone proposed to me. I was a bit older than I am now, of course. I was in a hurry and I just wanted to leave the house when she took my and asked me: 'Will you marry me?' No idea what my answer was, because that's when I woke up. :bang::eusa_doh:
    She had given me a ring though. A silver one with rubies. A bit like this, but not exactly of course:
    [​IMG]