1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Twin Question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by U N Owen, Jan 24, 2011.

1. U N Owen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am posting this because I am just interested in how many people here at EC have a twin. I currently have not come out to him though sine I know him so well I doubt he would care. In fact I have a high suspicion that he too might be gay however since he is as introverted as me, it is impossible for me to he is with certainty. I'm wondering who else had this issue and how they delt with it.

2. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unfortunately I do not have a twin, which would have its ups and downs. However, I wanted to respond and say it would be interesting if your twin were gay, too. Haha.

3. U N Owen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the reply. I suppose this question might fare a bit better if I moved it into the support forum.:slight_smile:

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Twins often have a prevalent rate of both being gay. Not always, but there are studies showing there is a higher rate.

5. KittyBoy

I was dancing with some twins at a nightclub, both were gay. If that is any help... Fun time, fun time.

6. RaRa

I'm jelly. I wish I had a twin. Though Joey would probably think it would be a nightmare if there were two of me...

7. KittyBoy

I wish I had a twin as well, but according to my parents and this guy that wants to date me it would mean the apocalypse... High maintenance and all that...

8. ok455

I remember when i was high school i knew twins one was evil and the other one was very nice.

9. radiantdawn

radiantdawn Guest

urmmm... to ok455, that's not really a good thing to say...

That's buying in to the thought that one twin is the "nice one". Both are separate individuals with different temperaments, experiences, thoughts and feelings. If one of them is feeling nice one day, it will show.

Perhaps that association and label merely accentuated his bitterness. I know I get bitter when people label me. It hurts.

In response to the OP:

I have a twin. He's not gay. But when he was asked by someone he said: If I was it doesn't matter, and I wouldn't tell you anyway.

So maybe he's coming to terms with it? But I know that he does like girls for certain. In any case, statistics are just statistics. I'm surprised you aren't out to your twin though. He was the first person I told in fact, though I planned to tell him after I had told some friends, but it didn't work out the way I planned.

Are you close with your twin? He would be a good person to tell. If not first, tell some friends first, then tell him in case he takes it badly. I can guarantee you that he will be okay with it no matter what. He may at first be against it, if he's homophobic, but when homophobes are confronted with close people who are gay, it challenges their beliefs. Because twins are so close, I'm like 100% that he will be ok with it.

10. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, and that lends potential evidence to homosexuality being at least partly affected by genetics. I consider homosexuality "half nature, half nurture."

Haha. Or were you drunk and seeing double? Just kidding. I want to dance with gay twins. =P

He probably didn't mean anything by it. He was just saying he knew twins who were radically different. Thus he was basically supporting the same idea as you said.

11. Remk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a twin. I'm gay, he's not. He's married and has two kids with another on the way.

He's also my best friend so I decided I had to come out to him first. It was the best choice because he's been so supportive.

Not sure how your relationship is with your twin but if it's even remotely similar to the relationship I have with my twin you'll be fine telling him. You mentioned you know him well enough to know he will be cool with it. So my advice is trust tour instinct and take the leap. You won't regret it.

12. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I'm Bi, and my twin is a gay boy xD

13. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg so many twins on EC. Lol. We could gather an army of look-alikes.

Nice. =]

14. Connor22

I always wish I had a twin instead of my wee sis

15. U N Owen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the response from an actual twin!:icon_bigg My twin is not homophobic, but the reason I haven't told him is that I am holding out aginst hope that he is not gay. He often imitates what I do and I would not want to influence him by coming out to him first. He might be questioning himself and I would not want him to rush to any conlcusions based on what I say. While I would want him to be straight to continue the family line and all that I'm fine if he turns out to be gay. Perhaps I could tell him first, but I feel more comftorable telling my whole family at once, along with my adult lesbian friend.

16. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I would love a Twin but I have a little brother instead and were completely different.

17. EM68

I'm a twin. My brother is straight as they come! He is married and has 3 kids.

18. mischa91

i have a twin brother, he's straight. i haven't officially come out to my brother but he probably knows or suspects, we're not very close anymore. i doubt he'd care as he has a few gay friends and isn't homophobic at all.

19. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a twin brother too and he's straight. He was the only one of my family who had any sort of issue about me being gay but he's fine now.