1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Kind of Hurts...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Notreallysure, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Notreallysure

I just got a weird bit of news. A guy I've been talking to online for a few months now told me that he is in a relationship now. To understand, here is the story.

We met on a website and started chatting. I was standoffish at first, because I'm always cautious online for obvious reasons, but also because I'm paranoid I'm going to somehow know the guy. Haha. Anyway, we chatted a lot, and I actually gave him my phone number. We started texting a lot then. This was the first guy I had ever given my phone number to. A huge step for me, needless to say. I wanted to meet him in person eventually.

Being new at all this, along with being about as far as Narnia into the closet, I was slow with things. To me, meeting someone from online would be coming out. I know that's a weird theory, but it is because I am out to no one in person, yet. So, agreeing to meet him was kind of like planning to come out. In my mind at least.

So today we were chatting online, and he told me that he met someone. They are kind of together. It's a weird feeling I have. I never saw our friendship going anywhere, not really. I don't think he did either. He knew the situation I was in too and respected it. He didn't pressure me to rush things like most people would. Still, the feeling I have kind of hurts. Maybe it is because I'm seeing my friend drift away, and I really relied\rely on this friend for a lot of support with this.

Well, I just wanted to vent a little. See if anyone had any "expert" advice on what I'm feeling or if anyone had had a similar situation occur to them.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    its natural. Suddenly a possability is no longer there, even though you might not have thought it WOULD go anywhere doesn't mean it COULDN'T have gone anywhere, well now it can't. Give it a few days you'll be ok