1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay bars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IThinkInCircles, Jan 27, 2011.

1. IThinkInCircles

So I've never been to a gay bar and my friend and I are dying to go to one soon. We just have to wait until she turns 21 at the end of March. We're tired of the college bars around us where we go to school and we just wanna meet and hang out with other LGBT folks that we don't get to meet much where we live.

Your experiences with gay/lesbian bars?

2. maverick

I think they're a lot of fun usually, but they do involve some aspects of general clubbing that I don't really like that much - the random hooking up thing, large amounts of really drunk people in confined spaces, and "camp" that can sometimes go to the excess for me personally.

Plus, every time I've been to a gay club, I was still in the closet, so any time a woman hit on me, it completely freaked me out internally and I was so anxious about it I couldn't really enjoy myself when that kind of thing happened. Too self-conscious to flirt.

The music is much better than in straight clubs though, at least in my experience. And put a few drinks in me to loosen me up, I always have a great time dancing in gay clubs.

3. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love them but I'm more into the Gay Bars than the Gay Clubs. Big Difference. Learned that the hard way. Gay Bar's are fun. I'm a social rat so I like talking with people and the bar is full of people who would rather talk than dance to some rap song (not that there is anything wrong with that). But I do find that the gay bar scene is a better place to actually get to know people as good friends rather than a quick dance and a facebook request.

The craziest experience at a gay bar we've had was this really drunk guy who decided to inform us on his theory (very interesting btw) of being drunk and getting robbed and mugged. He rubbed my chest and called me a republican XD while my straight friend got rubbed down the same way and was called a democrat. Other than that Gay Bars are always a chill place for a good chat which I might be biased on because I've never gone to shirtless night at the gay bar yet :icon_wink

The craizest experience I had at a gay club is not something I will talk about** but in an overall response to your question. If you're not the clubbing type don't go to a gay club. If your used to the Bar scene go to a gay bar. Either way you'll have fun just relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere.

Caio.

**PS: Its very important that you know your Club/Bar nights. Doubt you want to end up walking in on a day full of 60 year olds men and women all interested in you

#3 MyDecember, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  4. RedState

Like December said:
    There is a huge difference between the clubbing scene and the bar scene...but there is a fair amount of hooking up at both, especially the later the hour gets and the more booze is consumed lol.

I personally enjoy the bar scene better, because I am a Republican...and everyone knows Republicans can't dance at all. Some places I've been too are multi-teired and have a level for the dance crowd, and one level for people like me who are more concerned with getting their "drink-on".

But, just know (at least it has been my experience) that a lot of pure dance clubs I have been to drugs are a big problem. I guess that's why I like the bar scene a little better...plus you can actually carry on a conversation with someone.

You will find all types: the "stand and pose" people, the fabulously gay people, the "just looking for a lay" people, etc. But, in between all of that, you will also find everyday people that just are out for a night out.

I've had fun every time I've been to one, although it was kinda weird for me the first time i went to one and got hit on lol.

But, just have fun. You will enjoy it.

#4 RedState, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011