1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't believe I managed this!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MeredithAncret, Jan 30, 2011.

1. So my brother has made it a habit to drag me from my apartment at least once every weekend and take me out to hike or just hang out with an atheist group in our town. The hiking has been great, but most of the people in the group are way older than me or straight or both (and married). It's not that I want every group I hang out with to be about me finding a date, but it would be nice to meet someone.

Anyway, so today we went out to eat and 3 women (between my age and my brother's) were with the group. We all got to talking and it turned out that one of them was a lesbian and when she found out I was as well...well the only way to describe it is that all of her attention seemed to become superglued to me.

Those three and my brother and I all ended up at one their houses and we played Rock Band and House of the Dead: Overkill (yes, this is typical for me...I'm a nerd).

So...I managed to do something that I never do! I gave the girl my number and we have tentative plans to go out to a local art/indie music gallery at some point in the next few weeks. I NEVER manage this sort of thing EVER! Afterward I felt a bit shaky and freaked out because I'm just not normally outgoing enough to even attempt that sort of connection in real life.

Not really sure if this is the right section, but I HAD to share (!)

(turns out one of the other women actually got my brother as a match on a dating site just a couple of nights ago [96% match :icon_wink) and it was total coincidence that she saw him today. I think it is very possible that they will go out at least once :slight_smile: Sometimes life is good (!) )

2. Idonteven

Yay :slight_smile: thats pretty awesome.

I wish I had a relationship with my sister like that ^

3. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

That's awesome!! Have fun on your date with her and good luck!

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome! Congratulations and have fun!! :slight_smile:

My sister (as part of a very ironic running joke we have - I'm not out to her yet) has talked about setting me up with some of her gay friends, but they are all 16, so it would be more like babysitting than a real date.

5. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha. Congrats, Meredith. Hope you have fun.

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    great story! And, be too surprised, you never know what you can do until you try. :wink:

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That's awesome! Grats on pushing yourself and getting a a date/friend out of it! :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: