1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[The Walrus]Crotch Grabbing?[Does not Agree]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by InaRut, Jan 31, 2011.

1. InaRut

(TL: DR [To Long: Did not read?] Topic: Bolded.)

The Walrus Tail: A Dancefloor Retrospective

So, there I am, being my regular goofy self on the dance floor. I've got the terminator vision on and I've been scouting the bar for a good time now. As I down another delicious, but all so liver damaging, beverage my brain goes into, "Jaws Theme Mode" and suddenly I'm ready to engage myself more socially to my fellow dancefloor patrons.

"Ah ha!" There is a young lad who looks like he is having a merry old time." I say to myself within my mental dialogue, "Perchance we seem to have met eyes, and most certainly it would hopefully not vex him for me to engage his personal space with social intention."

A little booty shake here, a little beyonce hand flick there and I have met my oponent in a thumpa-thumpa duel to the death. Where the only winner here is the comical relief one would get from witnessing such an anti-rythmic display. However, despite my stereotypically terrible dance moves, somehow generic-undescribed-example has found my inner charm.

Now things get closer and suddenly like two pieces of velcro coming together I'm locked into the "Groin Grind." "Zounds! I wish not to partake in such a waltz. Such a dance, could come later, but for now I wish only to have less bodial-merriment" My mental voice speaks, and I give the man but only a moments satisfaction before I return to my individual dance moves.

Well, and this is where the story comes to meaning, you see, generic-undescribed-example, whom will now be called Boy #1, suddenly began to become grabby grabby with his hands. Alright, getting my butt grabbed, in a culture such as the hyper-sexualized culture of the gay-dance floor one could expect a rear-examination of any scale. And in that sense, I've come to accept the Butt-Grab.

It was not the Butt-Grab that disturbed me however. It was it's frontal cousin. The Crotch Grab. Although dentrimental to how some may percieve me, I've had times when during a lip-lock there most certainly has been groping. The difference here is, where one activity arises from the arousal one faces when sharing such a mind-numbing pseudo-romantic moment of dance floor kissing, the other arises from, "HELLO NICE TO MEET YOU. *SNATCH*"

Although I've been a dance-floor pro for a couple of years now, this really has only started to happen me. In the instance as described as above, I accepted it as, "Okay so this person is a little more expressive of his sexuality." Clasifying him as a "Down-Boy" kind of guy, I responded to this by inventing the Crotch-Deek-Out dance move in which his hand got nothing but air the second time around.

My question is, how would you feel or how do you feel, aboot crotch grabbing (Does this even happen in the lesbian community?). Defined in this instance by, "Completely spontaneous crotch grabs." Thinking back, I've even seen gay guys before say hello to friends by grabbing each other's crotches. Call me old fashioned(Ahoy! Thar be satire there!), but I REALLY don't like this recent game: "Pin Your Hand on the Walrus Tail."

Now grinding and butt-grabbing can be expected because every dance floor has at least 4 of the "Down-Boy" kind of guys. However, when it comes to actual genital contact, whats the difference between excessively flirtatious and sexual assault?

I've even have had it happened to me in mid-conversation. I'd share that story if I had already allowed myself to excessively tappa-tappa on my keyboard in the promotion of my own entertainment value..

ITT: Has this happened to you? If it did, how would you feel aboot it (Positive/Negative)? Other annoying dance-floor occurances? Why is the Walrus such a prude?
    Dance, if a form of eroticism, should be an expression of sexuality, rather then a display of it. Afterall, the adventure is in the mystery.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4_IiHf8hCw[/YOUTUBE]

2. Daniel

Well, I had a crotch grab occur once. The spontaneous grab in which the person then experienced the fiery raging German fist to nose, and the resulting blood pouring on shirt with a nose reset at the doctor later.

:grin:

Also, the monologue was amazing. 10/10

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's why when you go to some clubs the best dance partner is a rape whistle.

I don't get the whole act of grabbing someone's stuff. It isn't sexy. It's baffling. Although, with the right boss, it may put you on the fast track to secure a promotion at the next business meeting...

4. TheRoof

Ermmmm WTF LOL:lol:

Well I would definitely feel uncomfortable if someone grabbed my crotch lmao

Yea but this kind of thing has never happened to me...or even see it happen... so I can't really answer your question, but it's so weird that some ppl do that...of course unless two guys/gals are dating and are extremely horny and are about to yank down partner's pants to get their rocks off lol

5. maverick

I'm with Daniel, I'd be tempted to bring a palm up the backside of someone's head if they did that to me. Accompanied by a, "No, what are you, stupid? Down boy/girl."

But no, I've never had anyone grab my crotch. I did have a guy grab me and try to shove his tongue down my throat when we were left alone in a bedroom at a party though. But I reciprocated so that doesn't count. :grin:

6. zeratul

zeratul Guest

My mind says no, but my body says yes. I don't know how I would respond if someone did that.

7. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had someone try to do it, but i managed to parry it off before contact.

Fucking rude thing to do to somebody, i can imagine myself losing my temper and possibly becoming violent (shoving not punching) if someone did it to me.

8. InaRut

Okay, so unless we at EC suffer from some sort of international subconcious hive-mind, why is this considered an, "OKAY" thing to do?

Like for me, the worst part about this...is the thought that some people consider this, "Okay."

Also, glad you enjoyed the monologue!

9. maverick

Because we've hyper-sexualized our society to the point of irrationally forward behavior?

10. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not something I'd want done to me by a stranger. Among friends, my breasts are public property, but if someone I don't know assumes they can grab me I'm going to assume I can grab them back. Painfully.

11. Daniel

Possible.

Another thing could be is that in certain social areas and groups, people have differentiated views on appropriate. Certainly the way I hugged my friend today after our class would have been inappropriate touching to others.

It isn't that the crotch-grabbers are the norm. We established that. The number of the hyper sexual beings in the clubs is lowered to a point of single digit numbers. In a club with how many hundred plus people?

A good comparison is Islam. Literally millions if not over a billion people follow the religion. And yet there is again, the extreme area. Barely a fraction of a percentile that is extremist and gives the ENTIRE population a bad rap.

So, it isn't a hypersexualization, it's an extremity of a fraction of a minority of a minority. I know many sexually-vivacious gay men who don't grab crotch.

Basically, they represent a single grain of sand in the vast and colorful desert of the world.

12. SlickyPants

There have been a number of times where someone has tried to grab my crotch at the bar. I managed to smack their hand away each time or step back out of reach. Each time it was the same guy. I've never had a problem with anybody else at this club doing anything like that.

It would be one thing if there had been some previous interaction that established that it was okay to do that. Say, perhaps, he was my boyfriend! But that's not what happened. He was some stranger who came up to me while I was chitty-chatting with my friends and tried to grope me.

To answer your question. I don't like strangers touching my junk. Maybe if he bought me dinner first.

13. Artemicion

Hrm...never had this happen to me nor seen it happen. I would say no to this and a high unlikelihood among friends depending on circumstances...lol.

But Daniel makes a good point that different areas view things differently.

14. Meropspusillus

I have nothing to contribute (I rarely do), but I just have to say that this sentence made me think of a desert made out of that colorful art project sand and it made me all sorts of happy.

15. maverick

^ That would be beyond awesome.

But yeah, nobody has ever tried to grab my crotch, and I'm not sure how I would react if they did. I'd probably just be shocked and back away.

16. Daniel

Totally the effect I was going for. :icon_bigg

17. InaRut

Honestly I could see this as something that has probobly been going on for a while. Perhaps since I have just moved to Montreal, and I'm in a "Gayer" city then before it would be expected that the "Down-Boy" gays would come in larger packs...Hahahaha what an appropriate word "packs."

So what does a guy gotta do to stay old fashioned on the dance floor? Wear a buzzer on his crotch or an inventive form of the Jockstrap/Mouse trap.

That's a great idea actually.
    *SNATCH*
    *WOOSH-CLAMP*
    "Ahh! Ahhh! My fingers!"

18. Shevanel

This is the best defense against unwanted crotch grabbing.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jts0xxg7P8I[/YOUTUBE]

19. InaRut

^That
    <3 I love you and that movie (not really...but I kinda have to? Like Red Dawn). Hahahhahaha

20. RaRa

If it was some random creeper I'd be pissed...but if one of my friends did that...i'd simply return the favor. :slight_smile: