1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspected LGBT relatives

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zontar, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Zontar

Anyone ever suspect one of your parents were at least bisexual?

My parents always tended to make rather explicit jokes to each other...I recall one of them being whether or not my dad had it in him to date a guy if something happened to my mom. He went "ehhh" and my mom laughed and went "eeeww really?", and he remarked that "the only bad thing about being gay has gotta be taking it up the ass."

I just remembered this today and wondered if my dad was indeed attracted to guys to some extent. He could've been joking, but one thing that makes me suspect is that I'm bisexual myself...is such a trait heritable? Some studies say yes, others say no...I guess it's all up in the air, really.

Have you ever suspected any relatives of leaning slightly gay?

2. maverick

I'm pretty sure one of my younger cousins is gay. He's very effeminate and well-groomed. Sort of reminds me of Kurt from Glee. I also have suspicions about my maternal grandmother.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

To an outside eye, my mother would appear bisexual, but she's just a really effusive person (which translates into hugging everyone), so I can't say I've suspected my parents. Though I did sometimes notice my dad looking at guys that I was checking out while we were out together (though considering the kind of guys I like, he may have been staring out of spectacle more than anything).

4. roborama

my cousin is trans but we arent blood related at all. neither of us are out to extended family, but we help eachother out a lot otherwise i really dont think so

5. IThinkInCircles

My cousin said she's bisexual, but she's also gone through the gothic/punk phase which everyone says they're bisexual while they're in it and then they take it back when they get over it. (I've seen it happen a thousand times.) So I don't know for sure whether it's true or not. But we're the only ones.

---------- Post added 1st Feb 2011 at 10:26 AM ----------

OH. And when I came out to my mom a couple summers ago, she said she tried dating girls for a little bit and it didn't work out... I don't know if that's helpful or not, since I guess it was experimentation, but for what it's worth...

6. RaRa

Now that I think about it...my dad does have an obsession with George Clooney...

But nah probably not. I suspect thst my bro is also gay, and that one of my barbie doll cousins might be lesbian...the whole facade and all..

7. roborama

i totally forgot about this, ive never met my birth-dad, but ive creepbooked (snooped in his facebook) him and it said he was bi. huh...

8. blankpaper

I think that one of my cousins might be gay or bi but other than that I don't know of anyone....

9. I haven't ever suspected any of my family at all...but my dad is adopted, so if gayness runs in families, maybe it just skips a generation lol

10. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've tried telling my mom the reason she has such bad luck with dates is because she's looking on the wrong side of the fence, but she just laughs. I know neither of my parents are gay (well the little I know about my father is that he's a philandering serial cheater, but he's consistently only cheated with women thus far.)

I think my little brother could be gay sometimes, but he's only 10. I mean, come on, all he has for a male influence in life is me, so how straight could he possibly be? And my other sister jokes about being bisexual or a lesbian a lot, but she's so far only dated guys. My family does have a few out and proud queer members though; I have a gay uncle and a very distant cousin who is also gay.

11. V128

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a feeling that my Uncle is gay, but he's already too deep into marriage with my Aunt that he can't back out now. Both my Mother and my Brother have mentioned it in the past, and I think it's absolutely correct.

12. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My cousin does the "YES" dance a lot. He's never even seen the video. He reminds me a lot of myself when I was his age, not including the "YES" dance.

13. GhostDog

Heheh.

The only one of my extended family who I suspected was LGBT is, in fact, a lesbian. I had my suspicions for a few years before it was confirmed.

And growing up, I always kinda knew my brother would turn out gay. I'm not sure what it was. I always felt bad that I reacted really awkwardly to it, because when he told me, I was mid sexual orientation crisis myself and sorta had this "LA LA LA DONT THINK ABOUT GAYNESS LA LA LA" reaction. We're all good now though!

... I find it funny that I thought my brother was so obvious as a kid, and yet I had no idea about myself. >.>

But yarr. If anyone else in my family's LGBT, I don't know about it. I think most of us are as out as we dare to be. (It's not exactly like we stand up at family reunions and start, like, singing Lady Gaga or anything.)

14. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think one aunt who has lived with a woman for 30 some years in CA but no one has ever actually said she is a lesbian or they are partners, only roommates. One much older cousin who got beat up badly while in the military and discharged, not sure of the facts but I suspect for being gay, and with ultra-religious mom so maybe she forced "therapy" and then he got married and has kids. I suspect she pushed him into the military to "toughen" him, but what a horrible idea and that's all my speculation; no one talks about gays in my family. I think I have two 2nd cousins who might be gay. Neither married nor ever dated that I'm aware. Seems like a bad pattern in my family, a little on both sides. :confused:

15. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a cousin who would rather have his mums purse for his birthday than his actual presents. He is 3 though, so I don't think that counts.

16. MusicIsLife

I always suspected my aunt, my moms sister. It's not anything to do with what she says or how she dresses or how she acts, its just a feeling. Added to that outside of my brothers and my mom, our family is pretty christian, so she wouldnt dare come out.

17. Flyers2011

My blood cousin on my mom's side is gay, but I've never met him because he lives in another state and he's like 20 years older than me.

My dad has some relative, like a niece or something that was gay but I'm not sure if we're related by blood or by marriage. I've never met her either.

18. Aya McCabre

i've never met my cousin but according to my mum he's really obviously gay. Mum thinks he's awesome. My aunt's in denial.
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if my brother turned out to be asexual.

19. Notreallysure

Not that I know of. Makes it a little less inviting for me!