1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you personally know any masculine gay men?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Macholover, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Macholover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not online, but in real life? Do you personally know any masculine gay men? I myself only knew one. We dated briefly. He was pretty masculine. However, all of the other gay men that I have known have been pretty effeminate.

2. RaRa

In b4 people say "me."

As for myself...I barely know anyone gay so....no.

3. Airplanes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nope, never. :/

4. Beachboi92

I know me and i know two others, but i am not completely masculine. The way i view it is that everyone has masculine and feminine tendencies and straight people are just more conditioned and less likely to express themselves in any way that breaks gender norms than LGBT people who have nothing to lose by doing so. Obviously straight people will be perceived as gay/bi if they break them.

5. officialtom

officialtom Guest

I know me... I'm more or less masculine depending on the crowd I'm with. At work, I'm pretty much a straight guy. At home/with friends, I'm not afraid to belt out Celine Dion!

6. Macholover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I myself am masculine for the most part myself. Well, that's what most people tell me anyways.

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm something like that, though by a different mechanism. When I'm with real adults or people who I generally need to worry about what they think of me, I'm indistinguishable from the straights. But put me with certain friends who bring out my looser side (think socially looser, not that other kind of loose, ya perves :icon_wink), and I'll sing along with a Gaga song and be flirtatious and all that good stuff.

But the difference between these two "sides" of me really isn't a difference in degree of masculinity and femininity, but a difference in how much personality I show. I tend to be more subdued in more formal settings, and every aspect of my personality and mannerisms gets subdued, both the masculine aspects and the feminine aspects. Because there are so few feminine aspects of my personality and mannerisms, they pretty much disappear under that subdual. But when I'm not subduing them at all, all aspects of my personality come out in full force, and every once in a while, something feminine will come out (pun retroactively intended) with all the masculine aspects.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I do also have masculine gay/bi friends who are men. I got so caught up in responding to the above quote that I forgot to respond to the question. :rolle:

8. Shevanel

I be dating one. I consider myself to be masculine as well. So yeah. Any others off the top of my head... I guess a few. Don't really know too many gay people in general though.

9. Aya McCabre

My gay friends are about 50/50. I don't know many people who couldn't pass for straight if they wanted to.

10. Macholover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Shevanall, what's your boyfriend like? Also, how long have you been dating him if you don't mind I ask!

---------- Post added 5th Feb 2011 at 05:05 PM ----------

Aya, how many masculine gay male friends would you say that you have if you don't mind I ask?

11. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes. Some. Thats not to say that they are 100% 'manly' or anything but, then again, how many straight guys do you know who are like that?

12. Macholover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Moostruck, are they good friends of yours?

13. SwissBoy88

Yep, know lot's of them....

14. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No. A few acquaintances/sortafriends and one guy who I got very sexually intimate with before but who I now tend to avoid.

15. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. All of the guys who have ever come out at my school were effeminate to some degree.

16. Macholover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Moonstrike, how long were you "with" that guy? Was is briefly? Also, do you meet those macho gay guys online?

---------- Post added 5th Feb 2011 at 05:29 PM ----------

Sorry, for asking so many questions. I'm a very inquizative person by nature. I'm like this online and off. Some people like that about me, cause I seem interested, but some people hate it because they think I'm too nosey!

17. VampConspiracy

I don't know any gay men personally, let alone masculine gay men.

18. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Among the (many) gay people I know they are all over the spectrum from super super femme to more masculine than most straight guys. I even know a couple of "gangsta" gay guys :slight_smile:

I do think that the spectrum is a little tilted toward the femme end (more guys at the femme and average end than on the uber masculine end) but there are plenty of masculine ones out there.

19. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I'm masculine, but I'm not some bear-drinking ufc motherfucker haha I laugh at guys who try to prove their dominance.

20. zeratul

zeratul Guest

I am mostly masculin, but I've been thinking of just acting a little more feminine, not like super flamboyant, but just a little more girly. And I have met 3 gays in my life, 1 of them dont pass for masculin, one of them is in between, and the other masculin.