1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my news article posts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by surfrboykai, Oct 18, 2007.

1. surfrboykai

i need yer opinion peoples:

should i keep it just as the link, or should i have the link and post the article as well?

2. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kai - personally I'd prefer to read the news directly on EC, but I don't know if you are allowed to do it. It depends on the content's licensing terms. I mean, posting that somewhere else might be considered copyright infringement. I don't know... any lawyers here? LOL

3. surfrboykai

hrm...you raise a good point brah. i think i'll keep them as links until otherwise noted, yah?

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It's probably a good idea to just link to it. We don't want to get anybody in trouble here for copyright infringement.

5. Levi

Levi Guest

I much prefer to have it inlined here, but I don't know about the legal stuff..

6. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Yeah Kai, I think it's a better idea if you just keep the links.
    There's no need to get yourself in trouble for just sharing news articles.

7. surfrboykai

ok then, it's settled peoples. i'll keep it as links! thanks!

8. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

For the most part, as long as the author is cited and the article is not being used as a promotion for someone or being used by someone as being their own, I don't think copyright is an issue. If it is for information purposes only, which all seem to be, then I don't see any harm, but for my own preference, I like the idea of a link.

9. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    To be honest I prefer to have the link though Kai... not because it's easier. But because then it gives me an idea of where the article has come from... and from that whether I need to take it with a 'pinch of salt'.

Thanks for keeping us up to date with the news though. Sometimes when we keep so busy, it takes people around us to bring the important stuff to your attention. Much appreciated... keep it up.

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I don't mind either way. If it's a subscription or membership site though you'll need to post the text here as many of us won't be able to read it otherwise.

Perhaps if it's quite a long story you could post the first couple of paragraphs as a taster or summary, then people can go and read the whole thing if they want to. If people know what it's about and think it's interesting they are more likely to read the whole thing.

If you are posting the text here then the link should also be included so people know where the story is from. I don't know much about copyright either, but I think if a news story posted here is suitably credited (a link to the source) for discussion, and you are not trying to claim it as your own work (which obviously you are not) then it's fine.