1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to stop pushing people away...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Super Trouper, Feb 10, 2011.

1. I'll try to keep this short.

Today I was fighting with a friend of mine about some random thing (as usual), and another friend of ours (with whom I have a very fragile relationship to begin with) approached us and said "girls, stop fighting..." to which I looked at her and responded "shut up", not in a normal way, but in a very hateful way. I didn't even see the look on her face and just walked away, like I usually do.

So, sorry about the text, but I need some advice on how to stop pushing the people I care about away... Thanks, guys.

2. InaRut

Evidently I find that after instances of over-dramatic or needlessly aggressive behavior a good apology can help.

Not only is saying, "sorry" a good way to mend past "destructive" actions but also a good way to confirm within yourself that you did not mean to lash out like that.

Perhaps I'm missing something within the story and I'm sorry if that is the case but honestly, I see that you are 16, and it's natural to feel a little "Imbalanced" from time to time. Just don't let it get the best of you and try your best to catch those moments when you start to push people away.