1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Creme]Cooking tips?[Fraiche]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by InaRut, Feb 10, 2011.

1. InaRut

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szJmbkgs3uY[/YOUTUBE]

Okay. Now that's out of the way.

I thought it would be nice if we got a thread going to discuss some of our favourite recipees/cooking tips.

Personally, I'm looking for cheap/easy/and student-life appropriate reciepes like I usually steal from Rachel Ray.

Also, I am wondering if anyone knows any interesting ways to cook rice?

2. maverick

My favorite way to find new recipes is to use www.tastespotting.com. It's pretty much just like a tumblr for food photography, with links to the different recipes (careful though, some recipes are in foreign languages - it'll usually say so in the caption beneath the picture).

I am a huge cooking fan, I just love it. Me and my father are like the Creme Fraiche South Park episode minus the weird sexual fetish. :lol:

Broke and Healthy < This is a really good food blog for cheap, healthy meals. I think it's actually written by a college student.

Yogurt-Rubbed Chicken with Red Pepper Sauce < This recipe is craaaazy good. I'm actually doing a variation on it tonight, except I'm replacing the red peppers and dry mustard with purple potatoes, carrots, shallots, lemon-pepper salt, and turmeric. I'm also taking a pass on the red pepper sauce and just doing a herb/lemon flavor combo instead. I'm hoping the turmeric causes the chicken to roast to a deep yellowy gold, but we'll see how it turns out.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rice eh?
    Well, I like brown rice, but thats just me.

You can take a some chicken breasts, cut 'em up. Heat some olive oil in a pan and sir fry them (I use garlic, a little cajun spice) serve it over cooked rice with some salsa and enjoy

4. InaRut

That's usually what I do with my rice anyways.

Stir fry it or have it straight up.
    I also boil my rice with some cut up onion and pepper. [borrow] some of my roomate's chicken stalk cube things or boil it with hot sauce for some spicey rice.

That cajun salsa rice combo has got me inspired for what I'm doing for supper though :grin:

5. Miss Bubbles

you can make pizza out of biscuits, tomatao soup (straight out of the can) don not cook it, cheese, meat/ veggies, and herbs for the sauce. i can make it awesomely lol

6. InaRut

Another good way to do a quick and easy pizza is to use a wrap as your pizza base.
    Salsa+whatever spice or taste you wanna give it. Mozza and cheddar for maximum cheesage and then whatever you want on top.