1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitch

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by suburbs_of_sodom, Oct 19, 2007.

1. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Hey all, I was just wondering, do you think it's acceptable for gay guys to call their female friends bitches? Not in a mean or disparaging way, but in kind of a friendly joking way, like girls sometimes call each other? This issue has always confused me, so I was wondering what you all thought.

2. I wouldn't do it only because I think it's just as insulting for me to say it to them as another girl would. But to each his own.

3. davo-man

Personally I don't like it, but I'm not gunna stop other people form doin it cos its their choice i guess...but I would never do it

4. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

I always thought it was pretty immature

5. I agree with everybody else who posted. IMHO, I don't think calling somebody a bitch, even as a term of endearment, is the most respectful or mature thing to do.

6. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

There are a few words I don't use and that is one of them

7. neverover

god, am i the only person here who do that? im not constantly calling them bitch, but when we r bout to say hi, we say, like, its raam bitch. and they holla back with, its nicole, fag. i think its no big deal, bcos im not mad if my clique called me sumthin bad (fag, hag, etc), same as them. well, my clique is a lil bit crazy, and, out of the line sumtimes...

8. Jerr

I've been called it and they've been called it only in like say... I caught them in a really stupid mistake like they were slow on a joke... like REALLY slow. lol They'll say like "You little bitch!" which is hard to understand from laughter.

Usually we just say like "hey whore." Just calm and simple nothing big.

9. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

My girlfriends love it when I call them bitch. What planet are y'all living on? Seriously, it's just a little humor, nothing serious.

10. Psych!

Psych! Guest

It really depends on how you say it, but if it's to just kid around, then there's not really any problem.​

11. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

Just personal opinion, the "normalizing" of some words such as bitch, fuck, whore, slut, cunt etc.... (you get the idea) has caused a dumbing down of the languages and people IMO really sound silly or stupid.

12. jroakwood

hah. so i guess im the immature one here?
    i would totally say it, but only if its fine with them.
    if it is. then for sure, bitch. :slight_smile:

13. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

I call most of my friends bitch like "hey betch" just playing around and they call me betch too and we do the "I lov yu betch" thing so theyre cool with it. Dont sem like they mind

14. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I think you see it as stupid because when you grew up you were told that those words aren't supposed to be used to refer to others.

Just taking a shot in the dark there.
    This is from what I've heard from other adults.

Even teachers have told us how the language that we use so "freely" today, to them it means something "else."

15. jroakwood

i just think people need to loosen up and have some fun while theyre young.
    and not worry about if you "sound stupid", cause as an adult it will only sound worse. hahah. :grin:

16. EthanS

EthanS Guest

call them biatch :slight_smile:

17. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you kinda have to feel these situations out within your specific context... and just be aware that even if you and your friends A, B, and C are okay with it, your friends D, E, and F might not be. It would obviously be less risky in terms of inadvertently offending someone to not use it but at the same time, if all of us were worried 24/7 about possibly offending ANYONE, we might never leave our respective houses.

I'm sure I've called both male and female friends "bitch" in the way you're talking about and no one has jumped down my throat. That being said, a lot of the words we use that way are highly gendered (i.e. they nearly always refer to women) and it's worth considering if we want to promulgate their use as derogatives, even if we know we're using it in jest. So I guess for me, I've tried to switch more to gender-neutral words like "asshole." Yeah, I know... maybe I'm giving it too much thought. But if you think about it, it's pretty disturbing how many swear words/"uncouth" words are associated with women.

18. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    Well my friends dont mind..
    We always joke around with things like that.
    Usually Ill call someone a "cunt" or a " fucking douche bag"
    "horse humping bitch"

" cock sucking thunder-cunt" which i dont say often

19. Bryan

I do, and they call me bitch in return

20. Psych!

Psych! Guest

The only girl that knows I'm gay calls me a bitch without me calling her one.

:dry: