1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Lucid]I did it![Dreaming]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by InaRut, Feb 16, 2011.

1. InaRut

I always thought Lucid dreaming was kinda ridiculous. Just because I've never been able to do it, and the only people that talk so highly aboot it are usually the kind that injest large amounts of drugs, are extremely out-spoken spiratualist vegans, or (more likely) a combination of the two.

Last night though, I think I totally was able to do it! And the outcome wasn't this spirtualistic celebration--rather now I felt like dream (If it were a physical person) is mad at me. But I guess not really, because my dream ended with a celebration of sorts.

SO the dream begins with
    -me and my brother going on the Magic School Bus to take us to Mars.
    -When we get to mars we find out that it has been secretly terraformed and colonized by JFK
    -We find JFK's mansion and somehow my brother and I have become seperate. When I enter the house JFK is not in it but it's William Shatner.
    -Now for those of you who don't know, I'm a bit a trekkie, so while Captain Kirk is showing me around his mansion I decide. "IF I'm dreaming about Captain Kirk, I might as well ...well have sex with him." (No--No...Don't worry that's as bad as it gets!)
    -So we get to his basement and I make my move and we start fooling around then my brother rings the door bell. and William Shatner is about to answer it when I tell him to hide with me in his secret bunker.
    -In the hidden bunker now (which is really just a cellar) my brother still manages to find us. He says something about going to this really awesome bar on mars.
    -I start looking for the bar but I eventually give up and I just decide to start exploring mars. Which, Leaving the city-esque (but really archatectually beautiful) area, is all really nice forests and parks. So now I'm just needlessly wandering this huge terrain while my brother is texting me, "You coming? No go the othere way? You coming?"
    -Then William Shatner and are going down this river in this boat and there is this rope extended down the river reaching from nowhere and extending into an unseen destination.
    -I recognized this space as we are traveling the space between like...The awake world and the dreaming world? I think. Where I was leaving dreaming and begining to awake.
    -So William Shatner and I have this conversation aboot Lucid Dreaming and I'm trying really hard to remember all of it but this is some of the quotes I remember. (In as much of a logical order as I can put it)
    WS: "You know you are dreaming right?"
    Me: "I know I'm dreaming. But I'm just enjoying the ride."
    WS: (Something about Lucid dreaming)
    Me: "I've only been asleep for an hour (it felt way more then an hour)."
    Basically I remember feeling at that time William Shatner was kind of mad because I was not following the plan of the dream. Like a parent who spends alot of money on an expensive toy and you play with the box.
    Now I think this is kind of an important part of my dream:
    -So then I'm in this forest and there is this GREAT BIG SCARY WOLF and I'm not afraid of it because I know it's a dream. So the wolf charges at me and in a kind of humerous moment I just stand there uncaring and when the wolf jumps at me it just goes right through me.
    I think it was my dream testing me...Trying to see if I really knew that I was dreaming. Because I wasn't scared by the wolf my dream was a like, "Darn! He really doesn't care."
    -So then I'm back at William Shatner's place and I think this is what Carl Jung would describe as a perfect example of the Collective Unconcious. Basically there were a bunch of historical/famous figures in the house (mostly dead...Like I remember Shaka Zulu, Cleopatra, some other Pharoh dude (Not anyone I recognized), Marilyn Monroe...There were alot not all of people not all of them I recognized)
    -Then JFK/William Shatner is on his back patio cooking up steaks for everyone and my dream ends with that BBQ party.

Then I woke up...went back to sleep...and dreamed aboot Glee (I'm not even a fan of the show) and the only wierd thing about that dream is the set of the mansion and the set of the BAR on mars that I was suppose to go to were settings in the dream.

Now I've had dreams before where I say, "Eff you" to the killer or dreams where I've had a moment of control but never a dream as vivid and as in terms of symbollic-representation as interesting as this one.

Now for those Jung fans out there...1) The wandering of Mar's forests and Parks was a BIG part of my dream. 2) What made me remember my dream? As soon as I felt the water on my body when I jumped into the shower.

(!)Anyways, Thoughts on my dream? I'm going to be trying to remember the whole thing all day now because I still feel like there was more in my dream that I'm trying to remember.

Any similar expierences with Lucid Dreaming?

2. RaeofLite

Somehow, I'm only able to lucid dream when I'm seriously sleep deprived... I've done it a few times when I was in university and running on seriously low sleep. (Only about four or less hours a night).

3. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i've gained minor control over some dreams. The first thing i did was fly, but it didn't last long before i drifted helplessly to the land of the living and i realised that flying is impossible... after which i couldn't do it.

lucky you!

---------- Post added 17th Feb 2011 at 04:52 AM ----------

oh and i once gave myself the power to jump in the air, close my eyes, and be anywhere i wanted, but it didn't last long. I remember wanting to do it as many times as i could before i couldn't... after a time the vague notion that my time was running out condensed into the cold reality that i was already waking up.

i've also stopped and restarted dreams before when they turn out unpleasant. And usually if a dream is becoming REALLY unpleasant i have the power to pause everything like a freeze frame, even if it's not one of the ones that will restart on command. Is any of this unusual?

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have experienced lucid dreaming a few times. It only happens to me with boring dreams though. Like the most recent time I was dreaming about wandering through a store, nothing else. I was just wandering around the store, looking at things, picking things up, deciding I didn't want them, and then putting them back. However; I have noticed that when it happens to me I always seem to have memory problems the next morning.

It feels so, um, interesting. I cannot think of another word to describe the sensation I get while lucid dreaming. I just wish that my dreams where I am in control were as exciting as the ones where I am not.

5. midwestblues

The idea has always fascinated me. I've been meaning to look into it more, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I've had one lucid dream in my life, and it was brief but great. I got to make out with the object of my affections at the time. I realized it was a dream when I processed that people aren't usually naked in a classroom, and we both were.

6. Kso1995

i've read up more about lucid dreaming after reading this and now i really want one :frowning2:

7. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I rarely can control my dreams... most of the time I don't remember them, or that I even had them at all.
    90% of the time, though I can wake myself up when needed. Usually when the zombies finally catch me, everyone else has died and it's just me, or my brain chooses to change around characters.

8. Charme

Charme Guest

I've only had 1 fully realized lucid dream and that came after weeks of training my mind before I slept. I even kept a freakin' dream journal because it helps or something...

9. Zontar

I had experienced lucid dreams on a regular basis ever since I had first introduced myself to the concept in 2005. Lucid dreaming truly is an amazing, beautiful feeling that you simply cannot describe...if you're the kind of person who likes to explore the boundaries of imagination, you'd enjoy just exploring the vast worlds your brain can manufacture while you are dreaming.

The best part about it all is that once you practice a bit, you can actually induce lucid dreams about six out of ten tries made. If you would like to further your ability in lucid dreaming, I may offer a few pointers.

1. Try falling asleep conscious. Yes, it is possible, scientifically documented, and extremely difficult to do...but rewarding as this offers you the best chance at lucids once you master it. The tip is to fall asleep for an extended period of time (at least one hour), wake up, and go back to sleep WHILE KEEPING YOUR MIND CONSCIOUS. What eventually happens, if you manage to do it correctly, is that you enter sleep paralysis. If you manage to keep alert during this process, you can "roll" out of your body "into" the dream. This is all rather difficult to describe, and the only way to do it is to try it over and over again until you learn a set number of steps that work for you (for example, to keep alert as they fall back asleep, some people count and some people do simple math problems.)

2. Build your recall. Write down your dreams every morning. Get to a point where you can remember the dream you had before waking with great detail. You won't be able to lucid dream well without remembering what happened to begin with.

3. Do reality checks. This is as simple as counting your fingers during the day whenever you think about doing it (or, if you're focusing on something like driving, trying to breathe through your two fingers.) Eventually, you will end up doing it while dreaming and having six fingers on one hand will be a tip-off that you are dreaming. Don't skip doing a reality check when it pops up in your head; you'll end up skipping them in your dreams too. This is the method which will give you random lucid dreams for as long as you're interested in the topic, quite possibly a lifetime.

4. Don't expect to get lucids every night. Don't expect to succeed with every try. Don't expect to ever get to a point where you will reach either of these things. Lucid dreaming by nature is a sporadic activity; your personal goal should be to use these techniques to get lucids as often as you can, not with every single try. I often hear of people who resign well into getting themselves at a place where they have about ten lucids a month. If you're having ten lucid dreams a month, you are doing excellent.

After six years, with off-and-on interest, I've gotten to a point where I can induce a lucid dream in an afternoon nap if I make a serious attempt at it. I don't always succeed, but I have increased my success rate through sheer practice. The key is persistence.

10. Artemicion

Ah...lucid dreams, yes i've had...a few of those so far in my lifetime. But I tend to be in an on/off control over my dreams...but they are so damned fun XD. I tend to lose control when I realise i'm dreaming :S.

Oh and this is starting to sound a bit much like Inception LOL...

11. Beachboi92

i beat up freddy and jason in a dream once because as they came at me i went "dude your dreaming kick their ass" lol. Also sometimes i can enter into lucid dreams by jumping in my dream. If my dream takes me to that point i guess i realize that gravity isn't working right and so i begin to abuse the skill. I will do things like jump massive distances or flap my arms so i can fly (sort of if i fly to long i wake up). Generally if something happens and i can manage to pick up that something is off then i can go semi lucid or all the way.

Also i've gone into what i guess is like a "conscious sleep" while meditating. It felt like 15 minuets and ended up being 1 1/2 hours and i did it twice in a row. One time i used it just to explore random parts of my mind the other i forced myself out of body and flew to switzerland where i just laid back and swam in a lake there for a bit (a lake i'd actually been to and swam/laid back in) and i basically relived one of my fondest memories. Twas epic.

Also i've gone semi-lucid to completely lucid in repeat dreams. I can often resume a dream if i wake up and fall back asleep but sometimes i can have the same dream months apart from each other and realize i've been here before and make different decisions. I once did this 4 times to a dream where my brother was stuck at the center of a Jurassic park island and i was on a mission to save him. I would remember how i died last dream and take a different path to live xD

12. TheJoker

When i was teenager, whenever i had lucid dream, i would use it as advantage.Mostly i was molesting girls in my dream. (well, if im dreaming you are in trouble.Noone can put me behind bars) :roflmao:

13. Zontar

This is another common problem people have when they begin lucid dreaming. They use it for sex endlessly. The problem with this is...it gets old after a while. There's just so much more you can do and explore within a lucid dream, that once you exhaust your complete sexual freedom, you get bored with it and move onto more enriching things.

14. TheJoker

I cant say im still having such dreams,now when i realize im dreaming i dont know why i just wake up.

15. Emberstone

I lucid dream all the time. for me now, it is natural, and I do not have to do it. I tend to become lucid maybe 2-3 times a month without any effort.

I never had luck with flying though. If i dreamed I was flying, I would become lucid, but no matter how many tricks (spinning in circles to conciously stabilize and gain control of a dream, for example) I just cant maintain in dream flying.

Never tried sex, but most of my lucid experinces were me manipulating my surroundings.