1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any furs around?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Arex, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Arex

I'm pretty sure this has been brought up in the past but when I searched for it, the most recent one was 2008 I believe, I don't necro so I decided to make a new post.

Do we have any furries here? I'm personally a cat fur and have been in the fandom for about a year and I'm enjoying it immensely. If you don't know what a furry is I'll be glad to explain it to you or if you have the misconceptions about it being beastiality or a fetish, it is not.

Just kinda wondering if there's any around :3 Please keep it civil.

2. Taurusguy92

I kinda am... I <3 the art and don't rly have a fursona but kinda want to come up with one!!!!

3. Arex

Kinda figured it when I saw the collar x3

4. x2x2x2x2y2

It's not a fetish???

5. adam88

One of my roommates is (the queer one, not the straight one), as well as a group of his friends that I was invited over to play boardgames with once. However, I don't think they know that I know that they are furries - I know basically by putting two and two together, being observant, and because one of his freinds introduced me to another as "he's what we'd call a 'mundane'". I don't think he realized I knew what "mundane" meant. Oh well.

Cool story bro?

6. Arex

One of the biggest misconceptions, but no, it is not a fetish. ^^

Yeah, it's pretty easy, in my opinion, to pick them out in real life unless they are pretty good at hiding it.

#6 Arex, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  7. djt820

I typically masturbate in a skunk outfit I made. :slight_smile:

8. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

I like the art as long as the anatomy is human..but I don't have a fursona..or anything like that..so I guess? But not really?

lol I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

9. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    just curious as to where the distinction lies?

10. Markio

I sort of am. I used to draw cartoon alligators that would turn me on. Now for the most part though, I am more turned on by human people.

If by furry fandom you mean non-fetish enjoyment of animal characters, then I guess I liked the show Rocko's Modern Life, and the comics Ozy & Millie and Calvin & Hobbes. Those things have no sexual association for me and I like them.

11. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  12. kwyjibo

I'm not a furry, but I think this is right.
    Most furries do not find it at all sexual, and for those very small proportion who do, it is not bestiality- no real animals are involved. The line can be quite blurred, but it can't be a fetish if it isn't sexual.

13. Zontar

I've been involved a fair bit in furry happenings. I've even gone to local furry meets and met new friends along the way.

Furry is not...exclusively...a fetish. When you're in person with other furs, the fetish element tends to disappear completely, mainly because that stuff's awkward as all hell when you're face-to-face. When I go to meets, we tend to do stuff typical nerds do...video games, arguing over sci-fi characters, etc. Nothing odd goes on. It's not like the news media will have you believe.

That's not to say we got our weird ones though. They mostly hide online though, behind the anonymity of text and drawings. By far though, these people are not the mainstream. They are a rather loud minority though; go on FurNet (an IRC furry network) and the majority of channels blend fetishistic interests with furry interests. Go on Anthrochat, though, and most channels are family-friendly. It depends on where you go.

We don't think we're animals. We don't fuck animals. Only some of us fuck in fursuits. We're not any more bizarre than the common nerd (and most people in this fandom are nerds.)

Feel free to ask me anything...I've pretty much been in the belly of the beast. :slight_smile:

14. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I've wondered whether I may be a furry or not. Hearing descriptions of some of the things they do, they sound like things that would be enjoyable, and when looking at anthro artwork, I find it just as pleasing as I would find identical artwork that featured fully-human characters, instead. But I've never had any actual urges to do any of the things furries do, so I count myself as a sympathizer.

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not a furry, but friends with several.

Lex