1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sewing machine

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Witchcraft, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I've been trying to fix my stupid sewing machine for hours! but everytime I start to test it, it gets all tangled up, now everything is in the proper place but it still gets tangled up, does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? :bang:

2. Ridiculous

Sewing machines are the single most infuriating piece of machinery ever conceived. I have no idea how they work; they seem to be so fragile that if you even look at it funny, it will break.

That said, I can't give you any advice other than to check the manual that should've come with it (although the manual for mine is even more difficult to understand than the machine itself :tantrum:slight_smile:. I feel your pain.

3. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

:/ I know, those machines are pure evil. I got the machine as a gift from a friend whos mom bought one but never used it, so they gave it to me but they couldn't find the manual, but I had this problem before so I might be able to fix it :/

4. kem

kem

Did you set the thread(s) properly?

5. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

yup but it might be the bobbin cuse I'm not exactly sure how to insert the spool. Though I think I might have accidentleyput a setting there or something :/

6. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm recalling stuff from back when I was 12, so might not be right, but here goes:-

I know you when you thread the bobbin, you slipped the little wheel of thread in and then the end of the thread went through the little hole in the arm of the bobbin casing. The bobbin case then clicks into place in the lower part of the machine.

The tricky bit I found, least for me, was bringing the lower thread up to go over the plate. You had to hold the upper thread (which you wiggled all over the machine in a Z-shape then through the needle) to the side and slowly bring the needle down then up and, sometimes, the lower thread would be brought up.

Other than that, I was oft flummoxed, so I can only suggest searching online for the manual? Type the machine make and number into Google and something should pop up.

7. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Lol I know how to put the bobbin in, just not sure how to put the spool in the bobbin properly cuse I kinda haven't sown in a while. Lol but good idea, I shall look for the manual in the internet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: