1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever been prank called?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Witchcraft, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I few minutes ago some person called, I answered and this person in the fakest chinese accent I have ever heard said " you call my phone..." I then hung up, then the person called again like an hour later and again started the same and I hung up. Then a few minutes later the person texted me" idiot" then I got really pissed off so I tested back " Excuse me but I dont know who you are so please dont waste my time with this ridiculous game of yours, get a life." Was I too harsh?

Well anyways now it's your turn to post your experience up ;p

#1 Witchcraft, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2011
  2. TheJoker

No, but i did with using some computer..with using that i texted my friend's mobile as its coming from our universty that his scholarship cancelled and he has to pay money if he wants to continue study. (it was an expensive private school and my friend was very poor) He called us with in shock and fear, we act like we had no idea and sorry for him.He was almost going to fade out so we told him and laughed at him.

I'm not proud with that.

Also there was an office with full of windows so i could see inside.i called there and everytime the girl runs to phone i hang up..i did it like 20 times in a day and she went crazy.It was not a prank call but it was fun.(!)

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never been prank called before. I sort of wish someone would though. I'd just bounce it back at them, sort of like an improv exercise.

I don't think you were too harsh, but I do think you could have been a little more creative than just the standard "Get a life" reply. Too many young people use that line nowadays if you ask me.

4. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's only happened to me once.
    But I've done it myself twice.
    Only to a good friend, mind you.
    After, she texted me saying some "weird guy just called asking for his crack or he's going to kill me."
    It was harmless and funny.
    If it keeps happening, I would get mad too.

5. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

That's illegal to do. o.o

I've never been prank called. I texted my house phone before saying "Free abortions at ____ ___ street! Get them while they last!"

6. Connor22

apparantly it is illegal for some odd reason but meh one time I got prank called then the idiots called back by accident and left the phones there and I could hear them and they didn't notice so I stayed on the line until someone noticed and when someone did say Hello? I goes IT'S ABOUT BLOODY TIME TOO and hung up XD

7. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I did it when I was like 13, but I haven't done it since. I think it can be funny so long as the person doing it is funny lol

8. TheDarkerPoet

The phone rings a lot in my house, and it pisses me off sometimes because I really don't like talking over the phone. Sometimes when I know it's one of my friends I pick it up and scream "No call dis number! No espeak English!" in a very Hispanic accent, and then I hang up on them.
    If I'm in a good mood and it's a telemarketer I wait until they finish and then calmly order a pizza. (I think I get this from Calvin and Hobbes, haha.)

9. zeratul

zeratul Guest

My friends and I prank called hookers in Miami. Good times.

10. Vinny

Lol yes my friend called once and just kept saying "Pineapples" so I started moaning down the phone until she hung up xD

11. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I hope it was a prank call:

This guy calls me and I realize he has the wrong number. He gets an angry tone and hangs up. A couple days later I get a message in my voice mail and it's the same man again. He informs me that somehow I have gotten a hold of the wrong phone number and that the phone number he is calling is the correct one and I should get my phone number changed so he could make his phone call.

I get a good 2 wrong phone number calls a week. This by far was the strangest or the best voice mail prank ever.

12. Beachboi92

me and my friends used my computer to send people automated messages from god and jesus. The body of these messages was only the song "i want to fuck you in the ass" on loop. Many times people actually listened to it all the way through including my friends very religious mother.

Also we called a really drunk and high person and told them we where god and we where very disappointed in them and they freaked out.

13. xequar

I used to make prank calls all the time, actually. Probably my best one was when I literally looked up the last name in the white pages (back in 1994 when there were still printed phone directories) and called. I convinced the person that they had won money in a sweepstakes and that the check was on its way. (I'm deliberately leaving out details, btw).

Oh good times, that I entirely don't condone.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to do it with my friends when I was eight or nine.

We'd call the "Wong Driving School" (in San Francisco) and say "I want to learn the Wong way to drive."

We'd call random people and offer to paint their houses for really cheap, then when we were turned down, complain that we were never going to get rid of this fingerpaint at this rate.

There was a commercial that ended with a guy answering the phone, and the caller saying "For $1000, finish this sentence: Reese's has gone...?" The guy said "Bananas?" The caller said "Sorry" and hung up, to which the guy said "Nuts"...then realized that was the right answer. (This was apparently really funny in 1979.) Anyway, we'd prank call people and say "For $1000, finish this sentence: Reese's has gone...?" And one guy answered "You got this shit off that commercial, kid."

There were probably more.

I only recall getting one, though. I was in my mid or late teens, and when I answered the phone, I immediately recognized the voice - it was my sister's off-and-on friend (let's call her Nancy Smith). She said, in a really bad "I'm ten and pretending to be a professional woman" voice, "Oh. Hello. We are conducting a survey on dog food. Do you have a dog?" We don't, but I said "Yes, we do." This threw her for a loop, but she eventually recovered. "Oh. Well. I see. And what is your dog's name?" I responded, "The dog's real name is Spot, but we like calling her Nancy Smith." She hung up.

Lex

15. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friend called me at 5 in the morning, said 'this is your 5 a.m. wake up call' then played mexican music. I was allready awake so I just ended up talking to him for half an hour.

16. Elicitra

well harry came over and used my phone to call his mum
    he called the number written on his oyster card holder
    then he said hi mum, just goin to joes ok?
    the person texted back check your number i dont have a son
    we texted back saying mum is that you joking (shes like that...)
    another text saying fck off im a 65 year old male pensioner without a son
    we texted back a pensioner wouldnt know how to work a phone
    then in about 20 mins we called the person and she sounded like a 16 - 20 yr old woman lol
    thats sorta prank cally - she thought it was

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's hilarious :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I've never been prank called or done any. I was a good boy when I was young, and just this town doesn't really do prank calls i guess.

18. Miss Bubbles

yes and they left a voice mail lol

19. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

OMG LOLZ btw the people never called back and I never found out who pranked called me :frowning2:

20. InaRut

Do accidental prank calls count?

When I was young(er) I once meant to call my mom at a party but accidently dialed the wrong phone.
    Basically this lady picks up and although it doesn't really sound like my mom, I was way to sure of myself that I had not mis-dailed the number. So this is how it goes,
    First I started with the usual "Hello?"
    She responded: "Hello?"
    "Oh hey Mom."
    "What?"
    "Hey Mom. It's me, Phil. "
    Well the lady is acting a little wierd, but I was sure it was mom and that the disruption was within the phone. "It's Me, Phil."
    Then in the background my friends start laughing because of how wierd this conversation was going.
    So eventually the lady hangs up, after being REALLLYYYYY silent on the otherside of the phone.
    The next morning my mom got a call from our housephone (The party was at my house). Next thing I know my mom is calling me into the kitchen, REALLY MAD and she asks me if I was prank calling. Of course I wasn't (not intentionally) and mom told me about this lady who called....

This is where it gets freaky....Apparently the old lady had a son who recently passed away named Phil. So when I called saying it was Phil, and my friends started laughing later on in the conversation the whole thing seemed like some REALLY MEAN prank call.

Needless to say, despite the upset it caused at the time, now it's one of my favourite stories.