1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride Jewlery

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by collegeforfun, Feb 26, 2011.

1. collegeforfun

Ok so I am trying to find some really cool pride jewelry and I just can't find anywhere to buy it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I seriously am looking for something not to flashy but nice and not really expensive.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I made my own pride bracelet and necklace out of colored hemp string. If you know the basic design of a friendship bracelet (it's called "easy stripe form" according to Wikipedia), that's not a bad way to make one. And because it's a relatively small bracelet, though it's clear in its message, one could hardly call it flashy.

3. collegeforfun

Well I was thinking about that but I also am looking for a silver double male necklace. I saw a pic of one I really liked that someone was wearing on here but they couldn't tell me where they got it so I was like dang :frowning2: but yeah thats what I am looking for also.

4. collegeforfun

tried but its all kinda cheap made stuff i want inexpensive but not cheap stuff that breaks when you touch it.

5. Zontar

Buddy of mine got a good rainbow bracelet at Hot Topic.

6. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Why don't u just buy the materials like at places like fabricland( where they sell textiles) and make it yourself?

7. collegeforfun

That just might not be a bad idea

8. Flyers2011

Around me there's a shop called the Shed. It's a bit of a 'sex' shop (I have friends that go there to buy incense and stuff) and they have all kinds of pride jewerly in there. I'm not sure of what all they have but I know they have hemp stuff and metal jewelry.

If you could find a place like that or even Spencer's they might have some nice stuff.

9. Tiny Catastrophe

i remember reading a thread like this last year and if i remember people had links to sites with good stuff listed. ill see if i can find the thread

10. collegeforfun

I would appreciate that very much(*hug*)

11. Oh, the other thing I was think is that Etsy probably has some really cool stuff, but price varies greatly by seller. Everything I've ever gotten from there has been awesome though, regardless of seller.

12. Tiny Catastrophe

i think i may be nuts. i couldve sworn there was a thread about it but i couldnt find it. sorry :frowning2:

13. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    they have almost vanished now but if there happens to still be a gay bookstore in your area (like Lambda Rising in DC or A Different Light in San Francisco), those almost always have a pretty good collection of LGBT jewelry.

There used to be a mail order house called Shocking Gray that sold LGBT stuff exclusively. They've long since ceased to exist but if you search "shocking gray mail order" I think you might find a reference to whomever bought them out, that would carry the same sort of stuff.

14. Allecto

This. I got my lesbian pride necklace there.

15. Fishken

Fishken Guest

I know the Matthew shepherd foundation have some great pieces for quite a low cost.

16. silentsound

17. flymetothemoon