1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoo inputs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bibliophile, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Bibliophile

Ok as someone who tends to commemorate most things important events in my life I have a few questions about my next one.

So having figured out I am Bi and being in the military for 3 years after the fact I want to celebrate both getting out and finally being able to be open about it for the first time since sorting my feelings out. Any ideas on a discrete tattoo design that could do this? I am thinking something on my wrist that a watch will cover. But as for what I have no idea. I will be doing my own research but if people have ideas I will gladly take them.

2. Flyers2011

You could get a purple, pink, and blue triangle on your arm or something. That shape and those colors represent bisexuality.

As for military, maybe a nickname if you had one? Or the name of your squad? Or the dates you served?

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't think of anything that could be small enough that a watch would cover it. My first thought was of dog-tags colored purple pink and blue, but that might not be feasible.

Lex

4. Aya McCabre

For something that small I would stick with linework..... everything will spread over time so a small tattoo won't age well unless it's really simple.

5. Bibliophile

Please give your basis for this? I mean with proper care and touch ups I see no reason that a tat would would age poorly until you are well into your golden years and your skin starts to lose elasticity. I am just curious as after nine tats this is the first time I have heard this mentioned.

6. Helen

Helen Guest

^Well if there's too much detail in a really small tattoo, there is a risk of stuff just running into each other (I had my first tat the other day, and my artist told me this while explaining why he made mine bigger than I originally asked :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

7. Bibliophile

Hmmm maybe I never got one small enough for this to be mentioned then. That or I never wanted my smaller tats to be that busy?

8. Daniel

A small blue square with a yellow equal = sign in it. It's the equality signal.