1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn offs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MyDecember, Mar 2, 2011.

1. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Whats your biggest turn off in a person. (Physically and Emotionally?)

My buddy and I were talking in a checkout line and he pointed at this muscle magazine and asked me if I'd tap/date the guy on the cover. I told him no because he was too muscular. And I mean he was skin, muscle and veins. I'm a pretty open guy when it comes to body type but if you're about to have a aneurysm from flexing so hard that blood can't flow through your blood vessels... pass. I think that's my only physical limit. Emotionally I really don't know but someone who is immature to the point where their life, at times, revolves around small incidents that really aren't that big of a deal would turn into a bad romance for me. whut bout joo?

(don't know if this tread has been made could't find it)

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd tell you, but i don't want to offend anyone!

3. Zontar

Physically? Weight. The rest is so varied I couldn't possibly outline what I like and don't like, but a big one is being overweight. When you're overweight, there's...just no form there anymore. This is the case with other people as well. I've taken great pains to lose my excess weight, and I get my figure back everytime I lose it and keep it off.

Emotionally? Being repetitive. Being severely co-dependent. Whiny. Frigid. Shy. Being too left-wing. Unfunny.

4. Emberstone

don't worry... it is not like I am hovering outside your bedroom window, watching you with heavy breath.

My biggest turn-off is that guy 40-50 years older than you that hits on you at a campus GSA meeting.

5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha, well now that i've been covered, i've got licence =P I'm severely unfunny

Weight is a big one, it's not an absolute dealbreaker, but zontar had it right re: lacking form.

I can't stand heavy tans on naturally untanned people, be they fake or real. Especially those orange ones. It's just gross, especially when coupled with bleached blond hair. So tacky.

Hunched shoulders. Not hot.

emotionally... manipulators. I'm so easily manipulated. Also, tendency to prejudge. Apathy.

6. Zontar

By "unfunny" I meant more like, these radical PC police who turn all of my slightly un-PC jokes into a fifteen-minute tirade on rights and dignity. You know, the kind of man or woman who takes life way too seriously.

7. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha, well that's not me. I absolutely love crass jokes... i'm just not good at making them up

but i do probably take life too seriously too

oh, another turnoff... People who are afraid of the outdoors, and screech at grasshoppers and stuff like that.

#7 Pseudojim, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  8. Emberstone

I agree on weight. I have struggled with being tall and skinny my whole life, and I was teased mercilessly by bullies that entire time for being tall and skinny. I never understood why they thought they, who were gluttons, and generally grossly overweight (I am not turned off by someone who is heavy, but there is a point where it becomes unhealthy, and therefore I am turned off if they have no intentions or desire to try to live a healthier, more active lifestyle).

I also don't really care much for guys that are too skinny. Not big on 'Femme' body type.

but then again, if a guy makes me laugh, and has a good personality and disposition, I can overlook certain things.

I also recognize sometimes people just struggle with weight, and do make true effort to overcome obstacles... and it is unfair to just assume all overweight people are lazy.

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being over-the-top shallow, taking themselves too seriously, and arrogance. Physically, I don't like facial piercings.

10. Colton

Those people who make fun of other people they don't know. I mean, it's ok sometimes, you know? But like, if you're making fun of every person, it's just f*cking rude.

11. Macholover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Here's my list:

12) Guys who lie. Trust for me is a major issue. Once the trust is broken, it's very hard for me to continue on in a serious relationship.

11) Guys who gossip all the time and make fun of others behind their backs. Okay, we all gossip a bit, but I'm not interested in dating some gossip queen, who always has some negative opinion about someone else.

10) Guys who obnoxiously burp and fart alot. We all do it, but it doesn't hurt to have manners.

09) Guys who cheat. People make mistakes, but if someone cheats on me, trust is broken.

08) Guys who are grossly over-weight. If a guy is 10 or 15 pounds over-weight, I can overlook it, but I will not date a guy, who is heavier than that. It's not healthy, nor is it attractive.

07) Guys who smoke cigarettes. Sorry, not attractive at all. For me, it's a major turn off.

06) Guys who are unemployed and are not trying to find a job. Not everyone is meant to be a doctor, a lawyer, a teacher, an engineer or a dentist, but everyone should have ambition to work and or least have a full time job and pay their own bills.

05) Guys who abuse drugs. If a guy smokes weed, it doesn't bother me, as long as it isn't all the time. However, hardcore drugs, like heroin, extasy or cocaine, are not cool with me at all.

04) Guys who drink and drive. There is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol, but I can't respect someone who's willing to put other people's lives in jeapordy because he wants to drive while intoxicated. Not cool at all.

03) Guys who are overly flamboyiant. We all have feminine sides to us, but I'm just not physically attracted to men, who are flamboyiant in their mannerisms. I like masculine men. There is nothing wrong with effeminate men, I'm just not attracted to them. Alot of guys are attracted to them, I'm just not one of them.

02) Guys who don't clean after themselves. I'm not expecting to date Mr. Clean, but I don't want to date a slob, who can't wash his own dirty clothes or wash his own dirty plate that he ate off of.

01) Guys who aren't romantic. Kissing, cuddling, and holding hands are the best things about a relationship. Sex, to me, is a very minor part of relationship.

12. 507bro

If I say them I will feel bad afterwards :frowning2:

13. zeratul

zeratul Guest

I dont have a turn off. Turn off implies that it was on prior to being turned off. Thus, I am of the type that once I am attracted to someone, it will never be able to turn off. And I cant really categorize what features turn me on in the first place, except for the smell of a person.

14. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    off topic again, but how is ecstasy harder than cannabis? (besides the dutch government's official stance)

[​IMG]

#14 Pseudojim, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  15. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Physically there isn't much that would turn me off. In fact, I can't think of anything. The things that make us different are often what turn me on.

Emotionally I don't like people who complain, cut others down constantly, or are two-faced when dealing with others. I also don't like people who are extremely passive, because I am usually pretty laid back (so much so that sometimes I am too passive) and if I were with a guy like that we'd never do anything. And I don't like people who either can't form an opinion on something or can't defend the opinions they have (because I like to disagree with people once in a while). And people who are just bitchy for the sake of being bitchy; which unfortunately is pretty common in the gay community.

16. Shevanel

Not to derail further, but I think it's because ecstasy has somewhat of a "bad rep" to the public, but that's because many people describe whats on the street most of the time as ecstasy, when it's in fact mixed with a lot more drugs, particularly meth I think? I can't remember, I just know it's a lot more harmful than pure MDMA, and people are too lazy to differentiate the fact that real ecstasy is not nearly as bad as the crap on the streets.

But then again, I don't know 100% for sure about this, nor am I too willing to ever try ecstasy. So yeah. Myah.

As for turn offs.

-Not seeing the point and beauty of vinyl records.

17. Nomad187

Ecstacy is not usually mixed with meth but just stuff like household cleaners plus it can heat up your brain and make you extremely thirsty to the point where you literally drink yourself to death with water.

18. Jonathan24

I don't like guys who are too manly and stuff.
    I kind of like more feminine guys but not too flamboyant.
    I wish I wasn't that picky :frowning2:

19. Gumtree

Someone that smokes is an INSTANT turn-off for me.

Anyone that stresses about things. I can't stand people that get stressed or feel pressure. Just chillax man, you've always got a choice!

I could never like someone that's close minded to practically anything. Nothing would drive nuts more than someone that wont try new foods.

20. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Liars (oh, and I'll find out if you are.)

Narcissism

Up tight people (I mean loosen up!)

and...DRAMA!