1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

its better to be with someone who loves u more than u love him

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by neverover, Oct 22, 2007.

1. neverover

i just watching my sex n the city dvd. after i think bout it, yes its true. i think its better that way, even tho it looked selfish, it feels safer that ur partner wont cheat on u. but do u agree? well, honestly, i personally agree.

2. davo-man

Hehe, wow I was just watching that episode incidently...Well I think love is ...umm not sure if this is a word, but oh well...un-quantative, in that it cannot be measured...So for me, I don't that that makes sense....you either love someone or you don't, and if you do, you don't think about whether you love him more, or if he loves you more...

3. Bryan

Yeah, I would agree with you on that one.

4. surfrboykai

i think you should love whoever yer with equally. neverover, in that sitch, yer boyfriend will think that you don't care. in the reverse, you'll be thinkin that yer boyfriend doesn't care. so, a relationship should be equal.

5. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I think if you're going to be in a relationship you have to have an equal amount of love between the two of you. I don't know though, just my opinion.

6. Corey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    equal amounts of love between two ppl would be idealistic... when u r first starting a relationship... one person is going to like the other prson more than the other... whether u kno it or not... but i think as u go on in the relationship... if it works out i think u wud
    L-word each others equally... I think the problem with wanting your bf/ gf to love u more... is b/c u yourself are afraid to L-word someone, just incase the don't L-word you back

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Agreed in theory, though it is almost impossible to measure and quantify. Different people show and express their love in different ways which would make it difficult to say if one or other partner loved the most.

Also the feeling and expression of love in a relationship change over time. It often starts off as a dizzy headiness (floating on cloud nine etc) but settles to more of an affectionate stability and contentment. This rate varies with different people too, and is sometimes why relationships break up after a few weeks or months.

8. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I agree :thumbsup:

9. SpikySpice

I dont know about gay relatioonship, but for str8, I kniow a girl should marry a man who loves her, and a guy should marry a girl who he loves

So there, in a gay relationship, so I agree taht you(a guy) should be with a guy who loves you cuz he'll loves you for real

10. Psych!

Psych! Guest

Exactly.
    It would be better on you, but it's not fair to the other person if you don't feel the same was as they do.

11. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you have to love each other equally. it's not fair on them if you don't love them. i know what it's like to be in a relationship like that and i hated it.

12. panda

The ideal is to love expecting nothing in return.

13. justjoshoh

I am reminded of a quote from famed opera singer, Luicano Pavarotti, during an interview with Mike Wallace about love: "If you know why you fall in love, you are not in love. Is it true?" Much like his love, for his wife in the reference, could not be understood it could not be quantified. If you look into the quantity of love, there is already a deficit.

14. Daniel6

I totally agree with you. :wink:

15. Kimi

Agree.

But, to me it's much better to be with someone I love. Being loved is great but sometimes it becomes huge pressure and it's not something I enjoy. So even tho ideal is equal I think it's better to be with some one you love, not someone who loves you.

Of course not like Me 100/Him 10 more like Me 90/Him 40

16. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's a very tough question to answer. As Neverover said, I would definately feel secure knowing they loved me too much to cheat. But at the same time, I think it would also be uncomfortable if I didn't have the same amount of love for them in return.

I would much prefer equal amounts of love. But it's hard to gauge what the future holds. For all I know, I could be the one completely smitten with someone & fall head over heels for them. Guess I'll have to wait & find out.