1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ShebbsIsAwesome, Mar 4, 2011.

1. ShebbsIsAwesome

Is California really all that great? Is it really an oasis of wonder that people can go to to get away from their lives?
    I feel like I should ask more, but I don't know what else to type...

2. Shevanel

No? The weather is nice though.

3. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    All depends on where you go. All places have great areas. Whats your fascination with California?

4. ShebbsIsAwesome

idk, theres like 2 people who are "Out" where I live, so I was wondering if it's more gay friendly?

5. Shevanel

Big Cities.

6. ShebbsIsAwesome

ewe, I hate big cities. I kinda wanna visit California and see how it is in the next few years, then if I don't like it I may go to Colorado or Canada...

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

The whole gay friendly places is really all about where you look and exactly what rights you are looking for if you are looking for any.

If you go to a big city then you will probably find a decently sized gay community. And if you don't like to live in big cities then you can always live in cities close to a big city.

If what you are looking for is equal rights then there are better places than california right now.

What are you really looking for?

8. ShebbsIsAwesome

I just really want a place with good scenery, and a good sized gay community, seeing as to how im 16, I don't really need all the rights that an older person would need.

9. 507bro

california isn't really all that great. I've been their for a school trip and yeah
    not that pretty unless you go to the rich area.

10. olides84

Well I wouldn't call it an oasis of wonder, but yeah it does have good scenery and lots of gays. I've lived other places and the one thing about California is that it's pretty diverse and fairly open and liberal (not everywhere of course) compared to other states, and so it's much more likely that you'd be able to find your niche and do your thing than in some close-minded environment. I would also say that except for marriage (CA has domestic partnerships), it has just as much protection/rights for gays as anywhere else in the US.

11. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Then I would suggest just trying out a big city and see how you like it.

I live in florida which is a pretty conservative state, but I also live near orlando so the gay community is pretty decent. I also haven't encountered too much homophobia. Most of it is said behind your back really haha

12. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    *cough* NorCal beats the hell out of SoCal. *cough*

There are few places with sizable gay communities that aren't big cities. You might want to rethink what you want.

13. ShebbsIsAwesome

yeah, I live like 200 miles south of Orlando, and I grew up here so I kinda wanna go somewhere else when I move out, because i'm not fully satisfied here...

14. RaRa

San Francisco. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Yeah I was about to say, San Francisco apparently has one of the largest gay populations in the US or something.

16. RedState

California?!
    Too much mud and earthquakes.
    Although I have had some good times in The Castro.

There are plenty of places, east and west coast, that are gay friendly and have good scenery.

I love to visit California, but when it is time to come home I'm ready to get back to America :slight_smile:

17. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    San Francisco is a wonderful place, but you'd best be swimming in money if you want to live there. I have a friend who's a senior editor at a major magazine, and his wife is a bioethicist. They have to live in a really small house in Berkeley, because that's all they can afford there. :slight_smile: The area north of SF is really nice, though.

I went to college out near Los Angeles, and...I dunno. I never really dug the LA vibe. Especially LA proper. The surrounding area (and there's a lot of it) was OK.

San Diego is pretty conservative.

Lex

18. TWestside

TWestside Guest

I have never been to California or the US before but as i know the average heat is 60-65*F in California. As a winter-person i think i couldn't live there. I mean.. without snow? ._.
    Anyway... are "California Gurls" really undeniable? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. RaRa

Cali girls are hot....but the Boys are even better. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. TWestside

TWestside Guest

Then, i should visit when i become 18. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: