1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hm. I'm not sure whether I'm happy or just plain confused

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jeimuzu, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Jeimuzu

Message over myspace:

Now, Sam Duckworth is basically Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly on his own (a couple of mates help out on the occasional backing piano or violin) and he's one of my favourite musicians in the world.

However, I've never so much as played an open mic night.

Either way, I've turned it down; I doubt my ability to wander around Brixton with a guitar on my back and actually survive - I know, I've been there - and in fact, since Brixton is part of London, getting there would be exceptionally hard.

It's a nice email to get, though.

#1 Jeimuzu, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  2. Kibuki kid

It must be so ciil to get an email like that. I dont think i could sell tickets either but still it must have been nice to hear(read) that someone like that has confidence in you.......im going to stop now in fear that i may have insulted you *nervous laughter* Im so sorry if i did.

3. Jeimuzu

No, don't worry, you haven't insulted me at all :slight_smile: Whatever happens, it's always good to hear someone having confidence in you.

Thing is, that'd also be an awesome fee, too. 50 tickets, £2 to take home... that's £100, which for a first gig fee... I used to know a band who toured around - they even played the legendary Cavern club in Liverpool - and they'd charge £100. Between them, haha. Since there was five, it was never a particularly profitable enterprise, but it would be for me :wink: