1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BradenSdh, Oct 22, 2007.

1. BradenSdh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ok so i am not totally out yet and im still questioning my orientation.
    but it still stings when i hear people yell out 'fag' or some other terible thing to another person.
    i am alos going through a lot of depression. there will be times where the little things make me so sad and depressed and down i just want to run away from my problems.
    i know i can find some help here but...
    i just need to know that this is still kind of normal.
    :help:

2. Corey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know about anyone else, but i definately went through this phase when i first came out. I hated it when people said "thats gay" or "faggot", it really bothered me, i know where you are coming from. Its weird, it took me along time before i could say "thats gay", but i don't know, i just got over it.I think the reason i was having such a hard time was because i still hadn't come to terms with the fact that i was gay. But once i told more people, and started recognizing that i was gay, it just stopped bothering me. It actually still bothers me when people say "faggot", even knowing it is,a bundle of wood. So just give it time, tell people that it bothers you, sometimes that can help.

3. Steam Giant

Hi there, Braden! Welcome to EC! First thing's first...

(*hug*)

What you've described is indeed perfectly normal for what you're going through. Personally, I went through a lot of that myself. I was scared, and tried very hard to convince myself that I was straight, but after about a year and a half of denial, I came to the conclusion that I had to accept that part of myself, or else I'd never feel comfortable with myself. And let me tell you, accepting your sexuality is a huge weight off of your back, and the doorway to so much self-discovery.

Sexuality is a very hard thing to understand. I'm still confused about mine, but as time passes, I learn more and more about myself, and I think you will too!

4. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it's normal. i went through something like that before i came out. yeah the name calling still gets at me but i wait til i'm home so that i don't let them see me when i'm down. i have changed some of the things the say so that i can use them against them. it'll get better and it is normal

5. surfrboykai

i dunno what constitutes as normal brah. what is normal?

as for me, i never went through that phase. words never bothered me. life is too short to be hurt by words. i'm bothered by full on discrimination though.

6. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

My dad and brother have always used the word "faggot" so I guess I just got numb to hearing it....

7. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I heard my best friend call someone a faggot today, and it hurt. I'm not out, but yes, it hurt.

8. SpikySpice

Well, it's normal to feel taht way when you're not out yet, you feel the pressure taht others put on you when you hear they makes fun and bad comments gay people.

What you need is to feel good about yourself, you try to fin dout who you are an dyou accept the fact of who you are. It takes time, but if you feel cool about yourself then dosnet matter what their mouths say, dont affect you. And when you can come out, you'll even feel much better, but dont let thsoe words affetc your coming out.

And all of the little problems that add up your depression, well, if you cant take it anymore, leave them alone, but you rather spend tiem figuring out way to solve them if you can

I hope thinsg be ok and you feel better(*hug*)

9. Jonathan

Wow, that actually sounds kinda like me...so hopefully it is normal lol.

#9 Jonathan, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  10. lodiug

I also have this phase alot. And sometimes I really hate myself and ask myself why am I like this. I guess I just can't accept myself for who I am. I hope I will soon....

11. surfrboykai

that's...that's so sad brah :tears: :tears: :tears:

12. Bryan

The same thing happened to me, it is very normal.
    However, if you think it will help you, go and see a psychiatrist. They can help alot.
    btw, welcome to EC!!

13. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

In a way it's good because now if I hear the word it has no power or meaning over me.

14. neverover

its normal, but im immune to 'faggot' stuff and lyk. no one can bring me down:slight_smile:

15. BlasttheCloset

I haven't found that any of that bugs me as much anymore, but when one of my best friends had just come out, it really pissed me off.:bang: But I think that that feeling is totally normal, and I also think that on EC, people tend to be less judgemental about what is 'normal', maybe 'cause we are all used to taking crap about not being 'normal' ourselves.

16. surfrboykai

with very few exceptions (one example being those adult baby creeps....*shudder) i don't believe in normality.

17. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It is perfectly normal to be upset or distrurbed when people says things that are horrible. It doesn't matter what your orientation is or race for that matter. I would be just as upset if somebody used the word "nigger" as I would if somebody used the word "fag". I think it helps us to become less upset if we really stand up and say something about it even if it is as simple as "gee, that wasn't nice."

18. justbeingme

I get pissed at first, but then im like "you know what, their just pissed cause I look hot and their just jealous. HA!!"