1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Corey, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Corey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Where and what would you like to do on a first date?

I don't like going to the movies for the first date; you just sit beside each other and look at screen. In my opinion a good first date is going for a walk, around the city, or through the woods. Gets you outside and you are forced to talk to each other. I don't know. I am curious to know what other people think as an idea for a good first date... and who knows maybe I'll consider new things for the future.

2. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well for my first date we went to a movie but we walked around before and after the movie to get to know each other more. we met at a queer group called school's out and will be dating for two months from next friday.

3. SpikySpice

Um, we went to the mall, and walked around, had fun, looked at things, and made commneted and laughed, and chekc out people, bought ice-cream. Then yeah, walked along teh river in downtown.

For teh 1st day, you needed to have fun, and yeah more communication so both feel good and have a good time and some little romance

4. Jim1454

I agree - I don't like going to the movies much at all. Certainly not on a first date. There's no way to get to know the person.

I prefer to meet someone for a drink or dinner or both. If the weather is nice, then out on a patio somewhere downtown.

5. Tom

Tom Guest

my first date we erm went to the movies to see i now pronounce you chuck and larry, but its the first time we had met up ever so it was awkward anyways and so it was a nice easy way to get us tlkin, and we didnt watch much of the film btw. after we went into the town and off to go find a random field, wich was fun 2 hrs ish later we were hungry so came back into town for a mcdonalds, just tlked alot more until i had 2 drive home =[, it was fun tho

6. lodiug

I've never had a date with a guy....only chicks. Yeah watching movies sucks! Go eat somewhere and then walk a little bit downtown...and maybe find a romantic spot....where it's just you and him.

7. blackpoe66

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first date we went to see a movie, then walked about 10 blocks to a small little restaurant where we talked for, like, 2 hours. Considering this was my first date, I thought it went perfectly. We really got to know each other.

P.S.: We dated for 2 years after that.

8. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd rather not think about the first dates I had with my past girlfriends because then I'll remember that all the relationships were DV ones. I am better now though.
    For my first date with my new girlfriend, when she comes into my life, we're going to a VTC performance (of RHPS). Second, since she will be a math and science nerd, I am taking her to a--well, it's like a science museum. I enjoy going there and I think she'll really like it if she hasn't gone yet.

9. InaRut

O_O YES!
    My idea of the first date right there. Hahahaha. Although movie date would eventually have to come because I love movies. Most likely I'd take a guy out to the movies...but if he said, "You wanna go for a walk/bike ride sometime?" I'd be like YES without question. Expecially in this nice fall weather...before it's get too cold.

So for a final answer *punches in* Actually, I'd say "You wanan grab a coffee sometime?"
    Cause that is the perfect way to get to know someone, over a nice hot cup of joe.

10. Zec24

I'd have to go with InaRut on this one too. I'd ask to go for coffee, maybe dinner, and then a walk. I love walking and talking to people. Its better than just sitting there, and sometimes it helps get over the awkwardness or possible jitters associated with a first date.

11. BlasttheCloset

InaRut, almost all of my first dates are to coffee, although I haven't had any dates with a girl yet, just guys, but the thing I like about a coffee date is a nice place where you can chat, you can head out for a walk or to a local museum or show or something, or if you two are not clicking, it does not 'trap' you for a very long time. Plus, I just like coffee.