1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japan Government Official Says 'Partial Meltdown' Likely Underway at Nuclear Plant

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dan82, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/0...anese-nuclear-plant-facing-possible-meltdown/

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Japan Government Official Says 'Partial Meltdown' Likely Underway at Nuclear Plan

scary. =/ I'm scare of the nuclear power plants maybe 35 miles from my house... and im in california... earthquake prone land...

3. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Re: Japan Government Official Says 'Partial Meltdown' Likely Underway at Nuclear Plan

This is just horrible. :/

I have a friend in Fukushima, but luckily she already went to live with friends in Osaka.

#3 Gothitil, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
  4. Just Adam

Its extremely sad all this.

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

"Quake death toll 'to exceed 10,000'"

It was 60.. now possibably(sp) 10,000? :/

6. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

It takes time to find people, they don't just teleport into rubble to find people.

Let's say..there was a nuclear explosion at a marine base. You don't know how many people died. But, you found one marine tag so far. That means, the death toll at the time you found that is 1. As you find more, it increases.

7. starfish

You're good. 35 miles is a ways away.

When the earthquake hit the reactors went offline and they would have been ok. Without power the and the electrical lins damaged they had to rely on diesel generators to run the cooling pumps. When the tsunami took the generators off line they lost the cooling pumps so the reactors started to overheat. Plan C is to cool the reactor with sea water. Which they started but had to stop for a while. They have restarted cooling with seawater.

So it really was just a series of very unfortunate incidents.