1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Climates

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by moonlitcorridor, Mar 14, 2011.

1. moonlitcorridor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since I am a second-semester junior, I have been visiting colleges/universities. There are 3 that I'm really interested in, but I can't find very much online about their LGBT support groups and/or policies. I have used the website campusclimateindex.org for some schools but the 3 particulars that I am looking at are not mentioned. I suppose I am looking for an alum or current student that can tell me about their experience. The colleges are University of Tulsa, Drake University, and Truman State University. Any other suggestions are welcome too, but they have to be in the U.S. Thank you! :slight_smile:

2. Aya McCabre

Often if you look up LGBT groups and resources for a particular city you'll find university groups listed.

3. Nodnarb

I go to school pretty close to Drake (ISU in Ames). I don't know a whole lot about Drake, but from what I do I think they're pretty good on LGBT issues. I think the city of Des Moines would probably be better and have more support groups than the than the cities your other two are in as well.