1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

America's top 10 "Flirtiest Cities"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BloodyRose3000, Mar 15, 2011.

1. BloodyRose3000

I thought this was interesting:

Miami Named America's "Flirtiest City": Study

LONDON, March 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --

Miami is today named "America's Flirtiest City" by the researchers behind the largest ever study of online flirting.
    Boston ranks second and San Francisco third in the first "National Flirtation League" (NFL) compiled by Badoo.com (http://www.badoo.com), the world's largest social network for meeting new people, with over 109 million users chatting and flirting in 180+ countries across the world.
    Badoo's flirtation league ranks U.S. cities by the number of chats/flirtations initiated per month on Badoo by the average user in each.
    The U.S. results are part of a larger global study of over 12 million flirtatious contacts made during one month on Badoo.com.

The average Badoo user in Miami initiates 18.5 flirtatious chats per month: fractionally more than in Boston (18.4) or San Francisco (17.1) but comfortably more than in New York (16.1) or LA (15.1).
    While Miami tops the American league, Athens, Greece is named the world's flirtiest city.
    Even the flirtiest American cities are flirting in the minor leagues compared to the world's three flirtiest cities - Athens, Moscow and Kuwait City - where average Badoo users each initiate over 25 online chats/flirtations per month.
    Miami ranks 62nd globally, New York 89th and LA 106th.

NATIONAL FLIRTATION LEAGUE: AMERICA'S 10 FLIRTIEST CITIES

Ranking City Score

1 Miami 18.5
    2 Boston 18.4
    3 San Francisco 17.1
    4= Tampa 16.1
    4= New York 16.1
    6 Orlando 15.9
    7 Los Angeles 15.1
    8 Houston 14.6
    9 Chicago 14.5
    10 Phoenix 13.9

* Key: shows number of flirtations initiated monthly by average Badoo
    user in each city

WORLD TOP TEN

RANK CITY SCORE*

1 Athens 25.7
    2 Moscow 25.5
    3 Kuwait City 25.4
    4 Baku 24.9
    5 Tunis 24.7
    6 Kiev 24.5
    7 Beirut 24.0
    8= Turin 23.7
    8= Rome 23.7
    10 Bari 23.6

---------- Post added 15th Mar 2011 at 08:10 AM ----------

I'm a little surprised NY got so high on the list; we can be a grouchy people.

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I don't know, I think New Yorkers are extremely social. Granted that was probably referring to Manhattanites but still I'd assume that being the most populated city in America means it must have a lot of people flirting. I'm surprised it isn't number 1 :slight_smile:

3. BloodyRose3000

That, or you're so used to seeing/being around people that you want nothing more than to get away. I always hear stories about people in the south who, say get on a bus, and have strangers come up to them and have a conversation. If some stranger tried to have a convo w/ me I'd be suspicious more so than flirty LOL.

4. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never heard of Badoo.

5. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

:roflmao: Actually you're completely right.

6. RaRa

Tbh, I thought LA would be higher. :lol: