1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship stories

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zeratul, Mar 15, 2011.

1. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Any of you who are in or have been in serious and long term relationships have any stories to share regarding how you met, what kept or keeps the relationship going?

For those whose relationships have ended, what propelled it to end and how did you get back up on your feet again (if applicable)?

2. QuietDude

I love these kinds of threads, unfortuantely I have never been in a realtionship so I can't add anything.

3. Flyers2011

My first major relationship was a doozy. I met this girl who was about two years younger than me in band class. We hit it off, one thing led to another and we started dating. She was clingy and possessive. She was a cutter and oftentimes she would threaten to cut if I didn't do certain things for her. She broke up with me because she, "Fell out of love with me," i.e she wanted her ex boyfriend back because he had a penis and I don't. She then proceeded to stalk me, threaten me, and attempt to ruin my reputation.

My second relationship was with my first ex's best friend. We broke because I got into a fight with my first ex, hence pissing my girlfriend at the time off. Then I got into a car accident and she couldn't even ask me if I was okay. I felt like she didn't care so I broke up with her.

4. agraves

I am in my first real relationship with another female and it has been amazing! We have been dating for almost 2 years (our anniversary is May 1st), and I would have to say the thing that has made things so easy between us is our ability to communicate when something is bothering us.

Let me start from the beginning. We met on Myspace, back when it was the big thing, and started talking for a few weeks. At the time we were both just looking for friendship because I was already interested in someone else, and she was in the Navy and not really looking to start anything long term. Well, that flew out the window when we finally met face to face! We met at a local bar/restaurant and sat and talked until they closed. From that point on, she let me know that she had more interest in me than just friendship. I, on the other hand, was dealing with the drama that comes from trying to start dating a girl that was still living with her ex (the girl I was originally interested in before meeting my now girlfriend). So in the end, I decided to cut my losses and see how things would go with this new girl I had just met and hit it off with. We were together almost every weekend and talked online nearly every night. Now this is the point where we moved rather quickly, because after only a month or so of actually dating, we moved in together (there were some circumstances where it was definitely rushed, but made sense too). Lucky for us, we were both really easy going people (and not psycho killers) and didn't really have any disagreements about how things should be done in the apartment (ex. not leaving the lid to the toilet open, or just being tidy in general).

Here we are now, a couple years down the line, and we are still going strong. We are actually planning some pretty big changes coming up in June. She wants to be a Veterinary Technician but there aren't really any good schools in this area, sooooo....she is moving to Colorado for the next two years while I stay in Virginia to work on my degree and gain some work experience so I will be able to get a better job. After she finishes, we are planning on buying a house together. We aren't breaking up and don't really foresee any problems (of course there are always those people that tell us long distance relationships never work). We will be able to visit often so I don't think it will be too bad of a time. Again, I think the thing that will most benefit us it our ability to talk things out and make sure everyone is on the same page when the talk is over. Even if we agree to disagree on something, at least we were able to get out feelings about it out and the other person can hopefully respect where the first is coming from.

Some things I do to let her know I care about her are to bring home a special card or leaving a note inside her computer telling her how much I love her. Never underestimate the little things like that. A hand written note can bring about such a genuine smile and it makes my heart happy when she reads them.

I guess that's the story of my relationship in a nutshell. Communication is the key!

5. TheJoker

I was almost getting marry with the girl i love.Then one day she left me,told humiliating words to me, lied to my friends about me, blackmailed me, threated me to beat up by her friends,admitted that cheated me many times and used me.Also she found a boyfriend next day.

...all in just one day.

I pissed off and start dating with several girls in same time. (if that counts as getting up.)

#5 TheJoker, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  6. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Back when I didn't know I was gay (hadn't gotten that far through puberty yet), I asked some girl out and she rejected. Thus ends the fantastic epic that is my romance/sex life.

7. straal1972

I've been in a straight 16yr LTR. What kept us going was a shared vision of what we wanted in life and how we wanted it together. We would always talk and communicate about where we 'were' and where we 'needed to go'.

I would say that having similar goals, similar likes and good communication skills are a great foundation for a relationship.