1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U.S. Drug Stores Report Sudden Increase in Potassium Iodide Sales

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dan82, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/15/drug-stores-report-sudden-increase-potassium-iodide-sales/#

2. Shevanel

Well no shit. If we're going to fear monger about this stuff, obviously the sales are going to go up.

3. Shevanel

Also, it's funny that the US listens to the Surgeon General's advice about this, but not tobacco. Hmm.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm how is the nuclear leak in Japan going to effect us here in US and Canada? I don't get it, I'm not really a geography person but isn't Japan kinda far from us to cause worry? I mean I can understand sales going up if they're being sent over to Japan to help people there, but why are people buying it here?

5. Shevanel

Because people are saying the radioactive clouds that may be produced from the fucked up reactors at Fukashima may head into the Pacific Jet Stream and find their way over here. Potassium Iodine is generally only actively available within 10 miles of Nuclear Reactors in the US I believe, that's the general "danger zone" for reactors. This is at least from what I gather. The media is sensationalizing lots of things though. It's going to be tough and really rough for Japan. But I don't know why they have to scare Americans and Canadians. Probably biased against Nuclear power.

The radioactive clouds may be moving in our general direction, but they will dissipate before they get here. I'm pretty sure. I'm no scientist though.