1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Else a Lucid Dreamer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WhiteFox, Mar 17, 2011.

1. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just to clarify for some, a Lucid dream is a dream where the dreamer knows they are dreaming. Knowing this while you are in a dream can allow you to "take over" your dream. I myself have been a lucid dreamer for a long time and can remember staying in nightmares on purpose as a kid out of plain curiosity and waking up when it proceeded to get to scary. Not all my dreams are like this but I want to say a good 80% of them I am fully aware that I am asleep and I am fully capable of waking myself up when I please. However just because I know I am in the dream doesn't mean I can personally control everything. Usually I have complete control of myself, but the world I usually have no control over and if I do it is rare. So, Does anyone else do this? Not really sure how rare this is, but a lot of my friends say they have never experienced this and I do almost every night.

Fox

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Nope, I wish I was though.. but sometimes I think I realise somethings weird .. I don't know maybe I do sometimes.. but I carry on.

3. TheDarkerPoet

I am a lucid dreamer in that I can both see what is happening and know it's a dream, even if I am partaking in that dream.
    I can only sometimes change the course of events of dreams that I am not a part of. For example, having a dream about a character in a show that I really like drowning... and then actually playing out it so that it has a good or bad ending.
    Then again, most of the night terrors are just trauma and I can't change it because some of them are memories.

So yeah. Sometimes a lucid dreamer, sometimes not. I find I am more developing into one as I start taking control over facets in my real life as well. Still, I wish I could wake myself up from nightmares... that would be a real gift.

4. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I can only count on one hand how many times I've had a lucid dream. =\

It's pretty cool though when I do.

5. ShebbsIsAwesome

on the rare occasion that I do dream, it's very rarely lucid.
    onky when im half awake, and want to go back to sleep do I have any control.

6. Sanssouci

I dream very often, sometimes it's lucid, but I can very very rarely actually change it. I had one a few nights ago actually, I was playing for my favourite football team, and I decided not to change it because I was enjoying it!

7. Zontar

You bet! Been actively doing so for six years now.

8. Chandra

I only had a lucid dream once, when I was very sleep-deprived. But I have had frequent episodes of hypnagogia, where I hallucinate sounds, visions, and sensations, am aware that I'm sleeping, and can't move my body. It used to be quite terrifying but I've gotten used to it.

9. RaRa

I am. I can pretty much make my own dreams....kinda creepy when I put it like that. :lol:

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally want to learn to lucid dream. On a different note though, has anyone experienced something like in Inception? I often have a dream within a dream, and sometimes even a dream within a dream within a dream interestingly enough.

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not that I'm aware of; although I'm able to recall dreams after I wake up and realize it was a dream. Often, they will stay with me some time after their actual occurrence.

12. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes. It is pretty interesting when it does happen. Most of the time it's just something like "Well, this is getting really weird. I know this isn't real, I'm dreaming again." However if it's a nightmare, it's a little different. What happens then is I tell my "Okay, this is just a dream. Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" I hate having nightmares.

13. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yeah. I hate that. I wake up only to find I was dreaming...
    And most of the time I can control my dreams. I can wake myself from them, too.

14. hazza

I am really interested in lucid dreaming, although I'm not really successful...but I guess that puts it down to my lack of effort towards it. I'm still trying to achieve that elusive first WILD, so far all my LDs have been from MILDs, sometimes in conjunction with a WBTB.

I do sometimes get the hypnagogia when in the conciousness->sleep phase, sometimes its pretty cool - I've found that personally, I get visuals, with bright-ish colours.

I really need to start keeping a dream journal again to get my dream recall back to a decent level again...its a bit rusty at the moment :/

15. Miss Bubbles

I actually think while i sleep its like watching home movies but i can't control anything and after i have a lucid dream i get a very bad headache.

16. zerogravity

Has anyone ever woken up into a another dream? That has happened to me a few times and it is really freaky.

17. Adam

Sometimes when I am having a nightmare I can be like this is a dream and I can even make myself wake up from it if I really don't like it. I realize I'm in dreams sometimes but I never can control them.

18. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, most often I dream that I'm back in High School and I realize its dream and just don't go to class.

19. nate16

people are so lucky they can control their dreams to an extent, I can't which stinks because i always die in the end. so far i've been starved, stabbed, crushed, and hung. my sis can control hers though, which makes me wish i could have gotten that piece of dna instead lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Flyers2011

I often times know that I'm in a dream, and I even have thoughts and stuff in my dreams.

But other times, I dream in the third person. So I don't really know what that means, but. . . It's kinda cool to see myself, it's like being on TV xD.