1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it me?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by British Lad, Mar 18, 2011.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Is it me or is there not a single country in the world thats is not having any problems?

2. zeratul

zeratul Guest

In a society that has no problems, there would be no need fr governments, hence no need for national sovereignty, and no need for countries.

So no it's not you, it's just the nature of things.

3. zerogravity

I dunno, nothing ever happens in Canada. I guess we have oil sands and native rights. Oh, and my igloo is melting. :icon_wink

4. xequar

And the evil despot Stephen Harper draining your coffers and paying off his contractor buddies with prisons and whatnot.

I dunno, there are days that I wonder if the United States is well and truly fucked. Between the debt and the conservatives trying to take us back to medieval serfdom and defunding education as they're literally changing the history written in the textbooks and the Emergency Financial Manager bill in Michigan that allows the governor to, with no criteria at all, fire all of the elected local officials and put an unaccountable appointed person in charge... And I could keep going on and on and on.

5. starfish

Civilized society has been going to hell in a handbasket for all of recorded history.

6. InaRut

HAHAHHAHAHAHAA OMG! WIN! Also, is it just me or is EVERYONE winning Roll up the Rim but me. Now how aboot that as a issue of national security, eh?

Also, Canadian Poutine still is not considered "healthy food" despite it's ability to cure hangovers. REDICULOUS.

But yeah, welcome to the world in which we live in :rolle: I don't think lately every country is having their problems it's more like every country always has had problems.

Basically, it's like you've never witnessed spring before so now when it's raining alot you start to think the world is going to flood over.

7. RaRa

Uh, maybe Sweden? Lmao don't really here about anything bad every happening up there. :lol:

8. partietraumatic

Actually Sweden is currently experiencing a rise in extreme right politics. Even the Swedish are not happy with their lives!

9. Ridiculous

Norway doesn't have anything happening right now. The Nordic countries seem to be pretty sheltered from the woes of the world (I was going to say Iceland, but they had a ship run aground recently).

10. starfish

That and the whole Icelandic backing crisis a couple of years ago that imploded their economy.

11. xequar

I dunno, I won a few right off (my fiirst two cups were both winners), but I haven't won anything since. :tantrum: 1 in 4 odds my ass!

And since the hell when is poutine not healthy? It hits several of the food groups, and is great for the aforementioned hangover!

12. Aya McCabre

TBH I'm kinda worried about WWIII. It could happen if a couple of countries decided to side with the lybian government and fight back.... I mean, there are how many countries involved?
    Seriously though, if anyone knows of a country that's not having problems let me know. By the time I graduate NZ will be at the end of six years of politicians ruining everything I like and/or need so yeah, I'm out of here.

13. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

That's how it's always been.

14. Idonteven

and the volcano

15. Ridiculous

Haven't they got over the volcano by now? It was a while ago.

16. Aya McCabre

Disasters take a long time to get over if they hit a city..... I'm not sure exactly where the volcano was in relation to people but it's not uncommon for places to take a while to get back on their feet.

17. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

The volcano didn't do anything besides lower air quality, flood rural areas, and halt air travel. :/ Don't act like it was some huge nuclear explosion that devastated half the island.