1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

French Fighter Jets Open Fire in Libya as Western Military Intervention Begins

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dan82, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/19/french-fighter-jets-open-fire-in-libya-as-western-military-inter/

2. Connor22

Hell hath no fury to compre to what Gaddafi has coming his way.

3. Ridiculous

I'm not sure what Gaddafi thinks he can accomplish now. It's not like he can fight back against the rest of the world, and he doesn't have any notable allies to help him.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

He can do all he wants as long as he doesn't use airforce. The only thing that the UN is doing right now is playing as a referee by making the game a "fair" fight. I actually agree with their actions, plus Libya doesn't want any outside intervention other than a no-fly zone.

Took them long enough though xD

5. Emberstone

If it can stem his murdering of hims own people, and bring a stop to it all together, I am for this.

You dont have to even be able to speak his language. if you see video clips of him, his behavior is physically erratic, and his expressions are nurotic. They say the eyes are a window to the soul, and he is one of those people who is so emotional and mentally unstable that it is hard not to see it in his face.

6. Ridiculous

But even if he does emerge the victor, what does this mean for him? He's not going to have many friends afterwards.

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

His major ally is oil. If he emerges as victor people will hate him, but Europe needs oil. They need to get it someway, even if they don't like it

8. ANightDude

He's lost any allies he's every had except Syria and maybe a few others. For the most part, countries like Saudi Arabia, Egypt and such have dropped him completely. He was kicked out of the Arab league. Well, to be fair, Saudi Arabia have always hated Gadafi with a fiery passion.

Chances are he's going to his ass kicked, or be charged with war crimes. And from what I've heard, Europe is looking elsewhere. Italy buys the most oil from Libya and they were looking other places, as was France, Greece, Spain, etc. He's done (hopefully).

9. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

u should hear what ghadafi says on tv and his son, they think they are 100% right xD;

10. VinnySR97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    France too!?:eek: Italian fighter jets took off mabye 2,3 days ago to head to Libya, American ships and jets are already keeping an eye on Libya. Have they got that out of control?

Cool post i'm following the disater as well:smilewave

11. Zontar

Gaddafi killed American citizens in both the Berlin bombing and the Lockerbie bombing. I think we should either take him out directly with regime change or arm the protesters. This is waaaaaay overdue in my opinion.

The scenario doesn't sound as bad as you would think. It's not going to be the next Iraq. For one, in this case, all we have to do is let the protesters do all the work themselves. They actually support toppling the government.

Think Reagan Doctrine. With the proper tools, they can defeat a tyrant destructive to their own principles and Western principles.